Currently working in the group of Dr. Alex Jones on the research project focused on "what are the mechanisms of membrane trafficking involved in normal growth and development, adapted for responses to biotic and abiotic stress?" Previously worked for Prof. Jim Beynon onthe BBSRC project entitled "What are the roles of oomycete RxLR effectors in the establishment of plant disease?".
I did my Ph.D at Durham University under supervision of Prof. Toni Slabas. Thesis Title: Investigations into extracellular ATP signalling and FB1-induced cell death in Arabidopsis thaliana.
Before starting my Ph.D, I was awarded a 9-month Leonardo da Vinci European Mobility program grant to work at University of the West Of England in Bristol under supervision of Prof. Steven Neil. I performed research on identification of plant proteins post-translationally modified by nitric oxide using the biotin switch assay.
Graduated in 2005 in Biology with specialization in cell biology and biotechnology from the Faculty of Sciences, University of Lisbon.
During my bachelor, I worked in Peter Nixon's Lab at Imperial college in the summer of 2004 on the photosynthetic bacteria Synechocystis sp. PCC6803.
- Heard, William, Sklenar, Jan, Tomé, Daniel F. A., Robatzek, Silke, Jones, Alexandra M., 2015. Identification of regulatory and cargo proteins of endosomal and secretory pathways in Arabidopsis thaliana by proteomic dissection. Molecular & Cellular Proteomics, 14 (7), pp. 1796-1813
Kamoun, Sophien, Furzer, Oliver, Jones, Jonathan D. G., Judelson, Howard S., Ali, Gul Shad, Dalio, Ronaldo J. D., Roy, Sanjoy Guha, Schena, Leonardo, Zambounis, Antonios, Panabières, Franck, Cahill, David J., Ruocco, Michelina, Figueiredo, Andreia, Chen, Xiao-Ren, Hulvey, Jon, Stam, Remco, Lamour, Kurt, Gijzen, Mark, Tyler, Brett M., Grünwald, Niklaus J. et al (Select to open full list), 2015.
Gibbs, Daniel J., Md Isa, Nurulhikma, Movahedi, Mahsa, Lozano-Juste, Jorge, Mendiondo, Guillermina M., Berckhan, Sophie, Marín-de la Rosa, Nora, Conde, Jorge Vicente, Correia, Cristina Sousa, Pearce, Simon P., Bassel, George, Hamali, Bulut, Talloji, Prabhavathi, Tomé, Daniel F. A., Coego, Alberto, Beynon, Jim, Alabadí, David, Bachmair, Andreas, León, José, Gray, Julie E. et al (Select to open full list), 2014.
- Chivasa, Stephen, Tomé, Daniel F. A., Slabas, Antoni R., 2013. UDP-glucose pyrophosphorylase is a novel plant cell death regulator. Journal of Proteome Research, 12 (4), pp. 1743-1753
- Almeida, André M., Parreira, José R., Santos, Romana, Duque, Ana Sofia, Francisco, Rita, Tomé, Daniel F. A., Ricardo, Cândido Pinto, Coelho, Ana Varela, Fevereiro, Pedro, 2012. A proteomics study of the induction of somatic embryogenesis in Medicago truncatula using 2DE and MALDI-TOF/TOF. Physiologia Plantarum, 146 (2), pp. 236-249
- Chivasa, S., Tomé, Daniel F. A., Hamilton, J. M., Slabas, A. R., 2011. Proteomic Analysis of Extracellular ATP-Regulated Proteins Identifies ATP Synthase -Subunit as a Novel Plant Cell Death Regulator. Molecular & Cellular Proteomics, Vol.10 (No.3)
- Chivasa, Stephen, Tomé, Daniel F. A., Murphy, Alex M., Hamilton, John M., Lindsey, Keith, Carr, John P., Slabas, Antoni R., 2009. Extracellular ATP : A modulator of cell death and pathogen defense in plants. Plant Signaling & Behavior, Vol.4 (No.11), pp. 1078-1080
- Tomé, Daniel F. A., Steinbrenner, Jens, Beynon, Jim, 2014. A growth quantification assay for hyaloperonospora arabidopsidis isolates in Arabidopsis thaliana. In Plant-Pathogen Interactions, Humana Press, pp. 145-158
- Steinbrenner, Jens, Eldridge, Matthew, Tomé, Daniel F. A., Beynon, Jim, 2014. A simple and fast protocol for the protein complex immunoprecipitation (Co-IP) of effector : host protein complexes. In Plant-Pathogen Interactions : Methods and Protocols, Berlin Heidelberg, Springer, pp. 195-211