- Chen, Y*. Patel, N.A., Crombie, A. Scrivens, J.H. & Murrell, J.C.* (2011) Bacterial flavin-containing monooxygenase is trimethylamine monooxygenase, an overlooked enzyme of global importance. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science, accepted (*corresponding author).
- Md.T Rahman, A Crombie, H Moussard, Y Chen and J C Murrell (2011) 'Acetate represses methane oxidation by Methylocella silvestris in a peat soil microcosm', Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 77:4234-4236.
- Y Chen*, D Kumaresan, JC Murrell (2011) Stable-isotope probing and its application in soil microbiology. Handbook of Soil Science (2nd Edition). Vol. I 28(3):30-38, Ed. PM Huang, Y Li and ME Sumner. Taylor & Francis Group. (*corresponding author).
- Md T Rahman, A Crombie, Y Chen, N Stralis-Pavese, L Bodrossy, N P McNamara, J C Murrell. (2011) The distribution and abundance of facultative methanotroph Methylocella. ISME J 5, 1061-1066.
- Y Chen, MG Dumont, JD Neufeld, JC Murrell (2011) 'Towards 'focused metagenomics': A case study combining DNA stable-isotope probing, multiple displacement amplification and metagenomics', in Handbook of Molecular Microbial Ecology, 491- 496, Editors: F J de Bruijn, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A Cebron, B Louvel, P Faure, C France-Lanord, Y Chen, J C Murrell, C Leyval.(2011) Root exudates modify the diversity of active phenanthrene-degraders in an aged PAH-contaminated soil as revealed by stable isotope probing. Environmental Microbiology 13(3)722-736.
- Y Chen*, J C Murrell (2011) DNA-stable isotope probing. In Stable Isotope Probing and Related Technologies. 3-24. () Edited by JC Murrell & A Whiteley, ASM press (*corresponding author).
- Y Chen*, JC Murrell. (2010) Methanotrophs in moss. Nature Geoscience () 3:(9)595-596. (*corresponding author).
- Y Chen, A Crombie, Md T Rahman, S N Dedysh, W Liesack, M B Stott, M Alam, A R Theisen, J C Murrell and P F Dunfield. (2010) Complete genome sequence of the aerobic methanotroph Methylocella silvestris BL2. Journal of Bacteriology, 192 (14)3840-3841.
- Y Chen, J Scanlan, L Song, A Crombie, Md T Rahman, H Schafer, J C Murrell (2010). Gamma-glutamylmethylamide is an essential intermediate for monomethylamine metabolism by Methylocella silvestris. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 76:4530-4537.
- Y Chen, K L McAleer, J C Murrell. (2010) Monomethylamine as a nitrogen source for a non-methylotrophic bacterium Agrobacterium tumefaciens. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 76:4012-4014.
- Y Chen, J C Murrell. (2010) When metagenomics meets stable isotope probing : recent progresses and future perspectives. Trends in Microbiology (), 18 : 157-163.
- H Jiang, Y Chen, P Jiang, C Zhang, T J Smith, J C Murrell, X-H Xing. (2010) Methanotrophs: multifunctional bacteria with promising applications in environmental engineering. Biochemical Engineering Journal, 49: 277-288.
- Y Chen, J D Neufeld, M G. Dumont, M W. Friedrich, J. C Murrell (2010) Metagenomic analysis of isotopically enriched DNA. Methods Mol Biol. (),668: 67-75.
- Y Chen, J. C Murrell (2010) Ecology of aerobic methanotrophs and their role in methane cycling. In Handbook of Hydrocarbon and Lipid Microbiology. 28: 3067-3076. Edited by KN Timmis. Springer.
- Y Chen, J Vohra and J. C Murrell (2010) Application of DNA Stable-isotope probing for bioremediation. Methods Mol Biol. 599:129-139.
- B Han, Y Chen, G Abell, H Jiang, L Bodrossy, J Zhao, J. C Murrell, X-H Xing. (2009) Molecular ecology study of methanotroph community of an alkaline coal mine soil. FEMS Microbiology Ecology, 70: 196-207.
- Y Chen, L Wu, R Boden, A Hillebrand, D Kumaresan, H Moussard, M Baciu, Y Lu, J C Murrell (2009) Life without light: Microbial diversity and evidence of sulfur- and ammonium-based chemolithotrophy in Movile Cave. The ISME Journal, 3 (9): 1093-1104.
- F Ye, Y Kuang, S Chen, C Zhang, Y Chen, X-H Xing (2009) Characteristics of low molecular weight heparin production by an ultrafiltration membrane bioreactor using maltose binding protein fused heparinase I. Biochemical Engineering Journal, 46:193-198.
- B Han, T Su, H Wu, Z Gou, X-H Xing, H Jiang, Y Chen, X Li, J C Murrell. (2009) Paraffin oil as a methane vector for rapid and high cell density cultivation of Methylosinus trichosporium OB3b. Applied Microbiology Biotechnology, 83: 669-677.
- Y Chen, M G. Dumont, J D. Neufeld, L Bodrossy, N Stralis-Pavese, N P. McNamara, N Ostle, M J.I. Briones, and J. C Murrell (2008) Revealing the uncultivated majority: Combining stable isotope probing, multiple displacement amplification and metagenomic analysis of uncultivated Methylocystis in acidic peatlands. Environmental Microbiology, 10 (10): 2609-2622.
- Y Chen, M G. Dumont, N P. McNamara, P M. Chamberlain, L Bodrossy, N Stralis-Pavese, J. C Murrell. (2008). Diversity of active methanotrophic community in acidic peatland as assessed by mRNA and SIP-PLFA analyses. Environmental Microbiology, 10 (2): 446- 459.
- Y Chen, N P. McNamara, M G. Dumont, L Bodrossy, N Stralis-Pavese, J. C Murrell. (2008) The impact of Calluna burning and removal on methanotrophs diversity and activity. Applied Soil Ecology, 40 (2): 291-298.
- J D. Neufeld, Y Chen, M G. Dumont, J. C Murrell. (2008) Marine methylotrophs revealed by stable-isotope probing, multiple displacement amplification and metagenomics. Environmental Microbiology, 10 (6): 1526- 1535.
- I R. McDonald, L Bodrossy, Y Chen, J. C Murrell. (2008) Molecular ecology techniques for the study of aerobic methanotrophs. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 74 (5): 1305-1315.
- Y Chen, M G. Dumont, A C¡¡¡¡¡§¬¬|bron, J. C Murrell. (2007) Detection of active methanotrophs in a landfill cover soil through detection of expression of 16S rRNA and functional genes. Environmental Microbiology, 9 (11): 2855- 2869.
- Y Chen, X-H Xing, F Ye, Y Kuang, M Luo. (2007) Production of MBP-HepA fusion protein in recombinant Escherichia coli by optimization of culture medium. Biochemical Engineering Journal, 34: 114-121.
- A Cebron, L Bodrossy, Y Chen, A C. Singer, I P. Thompson, J I. Prosser, J. C Murrell. (2007) Identity of active methanotrophs in landfill cover soil as revealed by DNA-stable isotope probing. FEMS Microbiology Ecology, 62: 12-23.
- Y Chen, X-H Xing, F Ye, Y Kuang. (2007) Soluble expression and rapid quantification of GFP-hepA fusion protein in recombinant Escherichia coli. Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering. 15(1): 122-126.
- Y Kuang, X-H Xing, Y Chen, F Ye, Y Chen, Y Yan, Z Liu, R Bi. (2006) Production of heparin oligosaccharides by fusion protein of MBP-Heparinase I and the enzyme thermostability. Journal of Molecular Catalysis B: Enzymatic. 43: 90-95.
- Y Chen, X-H Xing, K Lou. (2005) Construction of recombinant E. coli for over-production of soluble heparinase I by fusion to maltose-binding protein. Biochemical Engineering Journal. 23: 155-159.
Reprints are available on request (Y.firstname.lastname@example.org)