Welcome to the Proteomics Research Technology Platform at the University of Warwick. We provide service and support to academic and commercial researchers seeking to identify and quantify proteins and their modifications. The analysis of protein mixtures from gel slices, co-immunoprecipitations or enrichments is routine and we can identify several thousand proteins in complex samples, for example from whole cell lysates or tissue extracts. Our favourite challenges include the analysis of protein phosphorylation and post-translational modification mapping. You will find support from an enthusiastic proteomics team to help with scientific discussion, experimental design, sample preparation and analysis of mass spectrometry data.
• Discussion and advice on experimental design and sample preparation for peptide-based mass spectrometry including enrichment strategies.
• Confirmation of protein identity, for example of recombinant proteins.
• Identification of protein interaction partners from co-immunoprecipitation experiments.
• Relative quantification of proteomes using label-free or stable isotope labelling (iTRAQ, TMT or SILAC).
• Analysis of protein modifications such as phosphorylation, acetylation or ubiquitination.
- New users from Life Sciences must register for facility access - to be granted you will need to have completed:
iii. the RTP Proteomics Laboratory Guidance Form .
- Visitors to Life Sciences (including Warwick Medical School staff/students) need to register as a Life Sciences Visitor in addition to the requirements above.
- Every job must have a completed sample submission form that contains full details for every sample.
We provide a fee-based service for Warwick researchers and external clients. Please contact us to discuss your requirements and to calculate costs
External customers must set up a contract with Warwick Scientific Services.
• Orbitrap Fusion with UltiMate 3000 RSLCnano System (Thermo Scientific)
• Quantiva triple quadrupole with UltiMate 3000 RSLCnano System (Thermo Scientific)
• Xevo TQ with Acquity and NanoAcquity systems (Waters)
School of Life Sciences,
Gibbet Hill Road,
University of Warwick,
Tel: 024 7615 0439
Alex Jones (Director)
Andrew Bottrill (Manager)
Cleidi Zampronio (Senior Technician)