Welcome to the Proteomics Research Technology Platform at the University of Warwick. We provide service and support to academic and commercial researchers seeking to identify and quantify proteins and their modifications. The analysis of protein mixtures from gel slices, co-immunoprecipitations or enrichments is routine and we can identify several thousand proteins in complex samples, for example from whole cell lysates or tissue extracts. Our favourite challenges include the analysis of protein phosphorylation and post-translational modification mapping. You will find support from an enthusiastic proteomics team to help with scientific discussion, experimental design, sample preparation and analysis of mass spectrometry data.
• Discussion and advice on experimental design and sample preparation for peptide-based mass spectrometry including enrichment strategies.
• Confirmation of protein identity, for example of recombinant proteins.
• Identification of protein interaction partners from co-immunoprecipitation experiments.
• Relative quantification of proteomes using label-free or stable isotope labelling (iTRAQ, TMT or SILAC).
• Analysis of protein modifications such as phosphorylation, acetylation or ubiquitination.
Access and charges
We provide a fee-based service for Warwick researchers and external clients. Please contact us to discuss your requirements and to calculate costs. All customers must complete a sample submission form for every sample. External customers must also set up a contract with Warwick Scientific Services.
• Orbitrap Fusion with UltiMate 3000 RSLCnano System (Thermo Scientific)
• Quantiva triple quadrupole with UltiMate 3000 RSLCnano System (Thermo Scientific)
• Xevo TQ with Acquity and NanoAcquity systems (Waters)
School of Life Sciences,
Gibbet Hill Road,
University of Warwick,
Tel: 024 7615 0439
Alex Jones (Director)
Juan Hernandez Fernaud (Manager)
Cleidi Zampronio (Senior Technician)