Summary of Research Interests:
- Studies of the epidemiology and control of measles, rubella and hepatitis B virus in urban and rural Ethiopia, and of HBV in Tunisia.
- Advancing the use of oral fluid for immune prevalence, determination in epidemiology and vaccine programme evaulation (eg measles campaigns)
- Molecular- and immuno- epidemiological studies of respiratory syncytial virus (Kenya)and HIV/HCV (Ethiopia)
- Rational design of immunization progammes, and design of vaccines, using mathematical models.
- Infectious Disease Epidemiology Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London (Prof FT Cutts)
- Enteric, Respiratory & Neurological Virus Research Laboratory, Central Public Health Laboratory, London (Dr DWG Brown)
- Division of Immunity and Infection, University of Birmingham Medical School, Birmingham (Dr PA Cane)
- Ethiopian Health and Nutrition Research Institute, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Departments of Community Health and Paediatric and Child Health, Faculty of Medicine, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
- Institute Pasteur de Tunis, Tunis, Tunisia (Dr A ben Salah)
- Wellcome Trust/KEMRI Centre for Geographic Medicine Research, Coast, Kilifi, Kenya