1. Open the EasyTrack2D database and enter your user name and password (Instructions).
2. Choose the Seed division.
3. In the main database page click on Search. A search window will open in which you should type the Resource ID provided in the above table into the Resource ID field in the search box.
4. Click on OK. A list of samples that match your criteria will be displayed. Select the sample you are looking for and either double click or click Show sample. Information about the sample will be displayed. This will tell you which seed box it is in and which position in that box.
5. If there are mutliple entries for a resource ID:
- If the tubes are all from one plant they will be labelled 1 of 4, 2 of 4 etc. for example. They will be located in consecutive positions in the stock boxes.
- If the tubes are from separate plants they will most likely not be located in consecutive positions. For example you could have 4 entries - 1 of 1, 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3 - then the first entry is from one plant and the next three entries are all from a separate plant to the first entry.
- If there are multiple isolates that have not been confirmed as homozygous, then the local name reflects this e.g. localline_1, localline_2. These lines will be identified as heterozygous.
6. The only information that will help you choose which tube to use will be in the Notes box. In most instances there is no information available so any tube can be used. The location of the chosen tube should be entered into the Database location column in the seed request form. Users will document any strange results/lack of germination etc and return the spreadsheet at the end of the experiment. This information should be added to the Notes box for that particular tube of seed.
7. Seeds in the barcoded tubes are located in the cold room in one of the large blue boxes with yellow handles along the wall to the right of the door.
8. Aliquot a sufficient amount of seed for an experiment into a tube labelled with the database ID and give to user along with their request form updated with the Database location for that tube of seed.