I have been a practical laboratory demonstrator on several courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate level over the last three years. Details of these are below.
I was nominated for the Warwick Awards for Teaching Excellence for Postgraduate Research Students (WATEPGR) in April 2014 in particular for my work on the Second Year Undergraduate laboratories (see below).
First Year Bioenergetics Laboratory Class; February 2013 & 2014
- Computer based lab using some pre-generated data
- Students analyse data and carry out some simple calculations
Second Year Bioenergetics Laboratory Class; February 2013 & 2014
- Photosynthetic electron transport in isolated chloroplasts using the oxygen electrode
- Regulation of the chloroplast ATPase
Second Year Enzymology Laboratory Class; February 2013 & 2014
- Estimation of paracetamol in serum
- The kinetics of α-chymotrypsin
Second Year Wet Laboratory Skills Class; May 2013 & 2014
- Students carry out SDS-PAGE analysis of pre-prepared samples in order to gain experience of the technique
Third Year Structural Molecular Biology Laboratory Class; October 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Purification and biophysical analysis of a recombinant, thermostable Bacillus stearothermophilus (LDH) expressed in Escherichia coli.
MIBTP Master Class for Masters students; October 2012
- Sub-cloning and site-directed mutagenesis