- 2012-current University of Warwick, UK; PhD student
- 2007–2011 University of Applied Science Senftenberg, Germany; Bachelor degree in Biotechnology (final score 2.0)
- 1999–2007 Grammar School (Carl-von-Bach-Gymnasium) Stollberg, Germany; Natural science section
Relevant work experience
- Sept. 2011 - Feb. 2012 Südsachsen Wasser GmbH, Trainee; Testing of water quality
- Aug. 2010 - May 2011 Technical University and Carl-Gustav-Carus Hospital Dresden, Department of Applied Microbiology; Bachelor thesis about molecular biological analysis of microbial sediment biocoenosis (mark 1.0) Supervisor: K. Röske
- Sept. 2009 - Feb. 2010 Delft University of Technology, Department of Environmental Biotechnology, TU Delft, The Netherlands; Research project: “Sludge retention time of bacteria in aerobic granular sludge and inclusion of of slow growing bacteria (anammox)” (mark 1.0) Supervisors: M.K.H. Winkler, R. Kleerebezem, G. Muyzer, M. van Loosdrecht
- 2008 (August–September) Hoyerswerda Hospital, Microbiology Laboratory; Acquainted to all the fields of medical microbiology, which included handling of infectious material from patients comprising human pathogenic bacteria, viruses, parasites and fungi.