- School of Life Sciences undergraduate sessional teacher
- Project on water sustainability
- Midland Integrative Bioscience Training Partnership (MIBTP) 2015 annual symposium organizing committee
- Assistant Research Manager Internship, AHDB (HGCA) Stoneleigh Park, Kenilworth
- Research Assistant, University of Ibadan
- Agric. Teacher/ School Farm manager, Unity High School, Abuja
INTEREST AND ACHIEVEMENT
SCHOLARSHIP & GRANTS:
- 1st World Conference On Soil And Water Conservation Under Global Change (CONSOWA) scholarship, 2017
- Vegetable Research Trust Fund Travel Grant, 2016
- Douglas Bomford Trust (DBT) Research Grant, 2016
- The University of Warwick Chancellor’s International Scholarship, 2013
- BBSRC funded Midland Integrative Bioscience Doctoral Training Programme (MIBTP), University of Warwick award, 2013
- Nigeria Federal Government Scholarship Award Tenable in Chinese Tertiary Institution, 2009-2013
- Egbe Omo Oduduwa of South Florida Inc. Scholarship Award for final year undergraduate students, 2007
AWARDS & HONOURS:
- Certificate of Academic Excellence China, 2013.
- Honorary Credential (First prize) given by College of Resources and Environment, Northwest A & F University, Yangling, Shaanxi Province, China in 2012 for outstanding seminar presentation.
- Honorary Credential for Outstanding Paper Award given by College of Resources and Environment, Northwest A & F University, Yangling, Shaanxi Province, China in 2011.
- B.Sc. Graduation 12 different Award of Prizes, 2007
- Certificate of Merit for outstanding performance during practical Year Training programme, 2006
- Dean’s Honours Roll (Scholar), 2003-2005
I have a keen interest in research, teaching, mentoring, writing, learning, and environmental sustainability.
CONFERENCE / WORKSHOP
- “Effect of inorganic and organic amendments on water retention and yield of wheat in a sandy soil”. Paper presented at the 1st World Conference On Soil And Water Conservation Under Global Change (CONSOWA), Lleida, Spain, June 12 – 16, 2017.
- "Effectiveness of combined applications of clay and organic materials on the hydrology of a sandy loam using rainfall simulation". Paper presented at the 1st World Conference On Soil And Water Conservation Under Global Change (CONSOWA), Lleida, Spain, June 12 – 16, 2017.
- “Comparative evaluation of effectiveness of kaolin and bentonite mixed with organic material as sandy soil amendment”. Paper presented at the biannual Early Career Conference organized by the British Society of Soil Sciences, University of Lancaster, April 19-21, 2017.
- “Improving the resilience of sandy soils to degradation pressures". Paper presented at the International Conference on Conservation Agriculture and Sustainable Land Uses (CASLU), Budapest, Hungary, May 31 - June 2, 2016.
- “Can inoculation of wheat straw incorporated into soil increase its decomposition rate? – A case study from China” a poster presentation at “ Soil, Security and Society” - the annual meeting of British Society of Soil Science - University of Reading, Berkshire, September 7 & 8, 2016
- School of Life Sciences PGR annual symposium, University of Warwick, 2015 - 2017
- "Improving water retention of sandy soil using clay and organic matter" poster presented at Early Career Researcher Conference for Agriculture organized by KTN in conjunction with industries, Birmingham, March 22, 2016
- Research Careers Symposium for the College of Medicine Biological Sciences and Psychology, Leicester University, Leicester, January 7, 2016
- Annual meeting of British Society of Soil Science, Regent’s Park, London NW1 4LE, November 26, 2015
- Midland Integrative Bioscience Training programme (MIBTP) annual symposium, University of Leicester, 2014; 2015
- Introduction of Novel Crops in UK: A Workshop organized by Crop Innovation and Warwick Crop Centre. University of Warwick, Warwick Crop Centre, Wellesbourne Campus, UK, November 19 – 20, 2014.
- “Effect of mineral nitrogen sources and zinc on maize and wheat straws decomposition and soil quality.” Paper presented at the 4th Doctoral Forum of College of Resources and Environment, Northwest A & F University, Yangling, China, 2012.
- “Comparative study of effects of human urine, compost and mineral fertilizer on the yield of Amaranthus.” Paper presented at the College of Resources and Environment Doctoral Forum, Northwest A & F University, Yangling, China, 2011.
- Empowerment Workshop for Young Farmers. Theme: Cheap and Safe Agricultural In-put Alternatives. Mokola Army Barracks, Ibadan, Oyo state, Nigeria, April 20-21, 2008.
- Expert Group Meeting on Strengthening South-South Cooperation &Technology Transfer/Adaptation for Utilization of Neem in the production of Bio-Pesticide and other products. Organized by the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) in collaboration with Federal Ministry of Environment, Housing and Urban Development and the National Research Institute for Chemical Technology (NARICT) of the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology. Abuja, Nigeria, November 20-22, 2007.
- “Effect of bone meal and rice husk ash as organic phosphorus fortifier sources in the production of Capsicum frutescence L. (Bawa)”. Paper presented at the National Conference of the Organic Agriculture Project in Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria (OAPTIN), Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria. 2007.