- Euroleish network First annual meeting with the Marie-Curie network, funders and collaborators - Barcelona, Spain (September 2015)
- Postgraduate Symposium 2016 School of Life Science, University of Warwick. Submission of a PhD project abstract fir the symposium booklet (April 2016)
- ISOPS X International Symposium On Phlebotomine Sandflies. Presentation of a poster on preliminary results - Reims, France (July 2016)
- Euroleish network Second annual meeting with the Marie-Curie network, funders and collaborators. Presentation of data and futher work plans - London, UK (December 2016)
- Postgraduate Symposium 2017 School of Life Science, University of Warwick. Submission of a PhD project abstract for the symposium booklet and poster submission AWARD for Best Poster (March 2017)
- WorldLeish conference 6th World Confress on Leishmaniasis. Oral presentation of current work - Toledo, Spain (May 2017)
- Brazilian Tropical Medicine Conference Invited talk on Leishmania and infectiousness (current work) - Brazil (August 2017)
- ECTHMIH 10th European Congress on Tropical Medicine and International Health. Submission of a PhD preoject abstract for an oral presentation. Poster presentation - Antwerp, Belgium (October 2017)
- Euroleish network Third annual meeting with the Marie-Curie network, funders and collaborators. Presentation of final data, publications and thesis plans - Antwerp, Belgium (October 2017)
- Postgraduate Symposium 2018 School of Life Science, University of Warwick. Submission of a PhD project abstract for the symposium booklet and presentation 17-min talk (2018)
As part of this project, two collaborations were set up with the aim to develop the diagnostic test in a dipstick format. A 6-month internship to Seattle, WA, USA is planned at the beginning of the 3rd year of the project (from June 2017).
Visit our partner's websites here:
- Infectious Disease Research Institute : http://www.idri.org
- InBios International, Inc : http://www.inbios.com
Postgraduate Certificate in Transferable Skills in Science
A list of assignments is given to all the PhD students in Science and has to be completed along the year. These assignments help us develop skills that are useful in our research but also in our future career.
- Regular submissions of research plan (after 7 weeks, 9 months, 24 months and 30 months of research),
- Monthly supervisory meeting notes,
- This ePortfolio,
- Seminar reviews,
- Submission of an abstract/poster/presentation for the Postgraduate Symposium,
- Teamworking in a Research Environment,
- Academic writing skills modules focused and extended on scientific articles and reports.
In the context of ISOPS IX, the abstract of my project has been published in the journal Parasite on 28.09.2016.
Download the paper on the following link: http://dx.doi.org/10.1051/parasite/2016051