Visiting students are welcome to come to the University of Warwick. Please note that there is a cap on the number of visiting students which can be hosted by any department unless express permission is sought from the Chair of the Board of Graduate Studies.
- Proof of English language capability
It is a requirement that overseas students will show that their ability to understand and express themselves in both written and spoken English is sufficiently high for them to derive the full benefit from their time at Warwick. You will need to submit an English Language test certificate - acceptable English tests. Please note that the requirement for admission is IELTS 6.5 (with no component below 6.0) or equivalent. More information.
- A letter from your current supervisor or Head of Department at your home institution confirming that you are a current student at their University and detailing a reference / letter of support for your period of study at the University of Warwick.
- Complete the standard online application form (www.warwick.ac.uk/pgapply).
- Use the ‘supporting information' box to state clearly that you wish to come as a visiting student and the dates and period you wish to visit.
Please note that as a Visiting Student, you will normally be liable for tuition fees as follows:
- If you are visiting for a period of 10 weeks or less, no fee will be charged.
- If you are visiting for a period of greater than 10 weeks (and up to 12 months), a fee of 50% of the full fee, pro rata for the period of your visit, will be charged.
More information on fees and funding.
If you would like information on the appropriate visa to study at the University as a Visiting Student, please contact the International Office for immigration advice.