This year, in partnership with the British Council the University of Warwick is proud to announce five fully funded scholarships for female students from South Asia interested in pursuing masters studies in the field of Climate Change. Each of these scholarships covers full tuition fees, monthly stipends, a return economy class ticket and other study-related costs such as IELTS exam fee, visa application and NHS surcharge.
The following programmes are eligible for these scholarships:
- MSc Environmental Bioscience in a Changing Climate
- MSc Sustainable Crop Production: Agronomy for the 21st Century
- MSc Food Security
Female candidates from any of the following countries are invited to apply for these scholarships: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
Awards will be based on past academic achievement and experience, your motivation for study, extracurricular activities and your vision for the future. You must be willing to demonstrate a case for financial support / socio-economic need and future contribution to capacity-building and socio-economic advancement through the benefits achieved after graduating from UK higher education.
The University will consider requests to waive the application fee if you are applying for the British Council Women in STEM scholarships available for one of the three selected masters programmes. Please complete the appropriate web request form when submitting the application.
To be considered please complete a Scholarship Application.
Application deadline: To be eligible to be considered for this scholarship, you must have applied and received an offer to study for 2021 entry, on any of the three Postgraduate STEM courses listed above by 18th April 2021. Application processing times can take a number of weeks, so please factor this in when submitting your application to Warwick.
- Before applying, applicants should have an offer to study full-time on MSc Environmental Bioscience in a Changing Climate, MSc Food Security or MSc Sustainable Crop Production: Agronomy for the 21st Century starting October 2021.
- For conditional offer-holders, scholarship awards will also be conditional on achieving any language requirements and the awardee's final predicted grade.
- Applications for Women in Stem scholarships are welcome from students from Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Nepal and Sri Lanka only.
- Scholarship recipients will be asked to carry out some ambassadorial duties for the School.