Industrial Placements and Work Experience
You can get research and work experience in a number of ways:
- Industrial Placement Year. Our BSc degree courses can be taken with a placement year. This one year placement is taken between second and third years of study and includes a wide range opportunities.
- Integrated Masters (MBio). These four year courses provide an additional year of study focused on a substantial research project, either within the School of Life Sciences or placed in industry.
- Undergraduate Research Support Scheme (URSS). This Warwick scheme offers opportunities for you to gain experience in our research laboratories in the summer vacation at the end of your second year. Bursaries are available to help support you financially.
- Summer Placements. As part of your career development we can help you find a summer placement or work experience in a business or industry.
Recent examples of placements include:
- Health Protection Agency
- The Body Shop
- Neurobiology Research Laboratory, University of Malta
International Placements / Study Abroad
You also have the opportunity to take a placement year at one of our international partner institutions. It's a great way to experience another culture and broaden your degree by studying additional subjects.
School of Life Sciences partner institutions:
- Universite de Strasbourg, France
- University of Malta
- Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain
- Monash University, Australia
- McMaster University, Canada
- National University of Singapore
We are actively seeking new exchange partners to match our student's preferred destinations.
You can also access, subject to availability, the many University-wide partner institutions including:
- Nagoya University, Japan
- Tsinghua University, China
- Seoul National University, South Korea
- University of Western Canada
- Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil