Congratulations on meeting your offer to join the School of Life Sciences at Warwick. Before arriving, there are a number of tasks you'll need to take care of - please follow the steps below. If you need any more information or advice, the links below will guide you towards further information.
Please note: You will receive information from the University about how you enroll on your degree. You must do this in order to confirm your place at the University.
For more information about how to enrol as a new student at the University of Warwick please visit the Enrolment Pages
Click on your course below to download your 1st week timetable. Your full timetable will be available online when you arrive.
We recommend that you use the following textbooks in Year 1. Recommended texts for Years 2 and 3 can then be found in the module summaries, depending on the options that you choose. We recommend that you wait until you arrive before purchasing books so that you know which will be most useful for your studies. All of these books are available in the University Library and can be purchased from the University Bookshop, as well as online retailers such as Amazon.
|Choosing and Using Statistics: a Biologist's Guide
Brock's Biology of Microorganisms
Berg, Tymczko, Stryer 8th Edition
The online Induction to Life Sciences programme provides an introduction to the skills and knowledge that you will need for your degree. It covers the basic laboratory techniques and study skills which our current students have told us are important for starting your degree successfully.
Other Useful Information
- University Undergraduate Welcome Guide 2017- You will have been sent a copy of the 2017 Undergraduate Welcome Guide following your acceptance of your offer of a place to study with us. It contains lots of useful information to help you prepare for your arrival and first few weeks at Warwick.
- International Students - The Welcome to Warwick 2017 induction programme is open to all international (non-UK) students and all postgraduate students, and takes place in week 0 of term. - There is also a helpful checklist with information about what you will need when you arrive in the UK.
- Accommodation- Warwick Accommodation manages on-campus halls of residence and off campus properties in Coventry, Kenilworth and Leamington Spa.
- Arriving on Campus- Undergraduate Arrivals Weekend takes place on the 30th September and 1st October 2017. You will be sent more information about this once you have accepted your offer of accommodation in September 2017.
- Looking For More Information? - Look through the University Welcome Pages and make sure you are prepared by using the helpful checklists for new undergraduate students.