Congratulations on meeting your offer to join the School of Life Sciences at Warwick. Before arriving, there are a number of tasks you'll need to take care of - please follow the steps below. If you need any more information or advice, the links below will guide you towards further information.
Please note: You will receive information from the University about how you enroll on your degree. You must do this in order to confirm your place at the University.
For more information about how to enrol as a new student at the University of Warwick please visit the Enrolment Pages
Welcome Week (commencing 24 September 2018)
During Welcome Week, we run a fantastic programme of events and activities in partnership with the Students' Union, designed to help you settle in, make friends and adapt to life at Warwick.You will be able to view the timetable of events from noon on Monday 10 September. This includes welcome sessions from Life Sciences, as well as hundreds of additional events and activities to suit a variety of interests.
We encourage you to go to as many Welcome events as possible, throw yourself into the opportunities we offer, and get as much out of Welcome Week as you can.
Check out your Subject Timetable
Click on your course below to download your 1st week timetable. Your full timetable will be available online when you arrive.
Purchase Key Course Textbooks
We recommend that you use the following textbooks in Year 1. Recommended texts for Years 2 and 3 can then be found in the module summaries, depending on the options that you choose. We recommend that you wait until you arrive before purchasing books so that you know which will be most useful for your studies. All of these books are available in the University Library and can be purchased from the University Bookshop, as well as online retailers such as Amazon.
|Choosing and Using Statistics: a Biologist's Guide
Brock's Biology of Microorganisms
Berg, Tymczko, Stryer 8th Edition
Complete the Undergraduate Induction Programme
The online Induction to Life Sciences programme provides an introduction to the skills and knowledge that you will need for your degree. It covers the basic laboratory techniques and study skills which our current students have told us are important for starting your degree successfully.
Other Useful Information
- University Undergraduate Welcome Week 2018
- International Students - There is also a helpful checklist with information about what you will need when you arrive in the UK.
- Accommodation- Warwick Accommodation manages on-campus halls of residence and off campus properties in Coventry, Kenilworth and Leamington Spa.
- Arriving on Campus- Undergraduate Arrivals Weekend takes place on the 22/23 September 2018. You will be sent more information about this once you have accepted your offer of accommodation in September 2018.
- Looking For More Information? - Look through the University Welcome Pages.