The AMBER project
- Biopesticides are safe crop protection products based on micro-organisms, plant extracts and other natural compounds.
- AMBER is a research project to identify practical ways for growers to improve the performance of these products in their crop protection programmes.
Application and Management of Biopesticides for Efficacy and Reliability is funded by the UK Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (project code CP158) using levy funds from UK growers.
- We're working to improve biopesticide spray applications.
- We're investigating how biopesticides affect pest population growth.
- We're studying biopesticide persistence on crop plants. This will help growers plan their spray programmes better.
You can access the AHDB research project page for AMBER for summaries of the research and reports.
See our articles about AMBER in AHDB grower:
News and Events
Field Vegetable workshop
A bioprotectant workshop was held at Warwick Crop Centre on the 5th February 2020. Presentations currently available (All presentations subject to the authors copyright):
Spray application workshop
An ornamental biopesticide spray application workshop was held at Bordon Hill Nursery on the 23rd October 2018. See link
Lectures and presentations
Contact the AMBER project
For more information please contact: