The AMBER project
- Biopesticides are safe crop protection products based on micro-organisms, plant extracts and other natural compounds.
- AMBER is a research project to identify practical ways for growers to improve the performance of these products in their crop protection programmes.
Application and Management of Biopesticides for Efficacy and Reliability is funded by the UK Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (project code CP158) using levy funds from UK growers.
- We're working to improve biopesticide spray applications.
- We're investigating how biopesticides affect pest population growth.
- We're studying biopesticide persistence on crop plants. This will help growers plan their spray programmes better.
You can access the AHDB research project page for AMBER for summaries of the research and reports.
See our articles about AMBER in AHDB grower:
News and Events
AMBER webinar: "From amber to green: the next phase in using bioprotectants for Integrated Pest Management in horticultural crops"
We ran a webinar on the 30th June 2022 to explain some of the latest outputs from the AMBER project. The webinar consists of a series of presentations by team members on the following topics: (1) Incorporating bioprotectants into IPM programmes, theory into practice (Rob Jacobson, RJ Consultancy); (2) A systematic approach to improving spray application of bioprotectants (Clare Butler Ellis, Silsoe Spray Applications Unit); (3) How a new 'boxcar' model of insect pest population growth will help inform bioprotectant application strategies (Elysia Bartel, ADAS Boxworth); (4) Why improved recording of trials data leads to better results with bioprotectants (Erika Wedgwood, ADAS Boxworth); (5) The latest view from the bioprotectants industry (Roma Gwyn, Rationale Biopesticides Strategists).
You can access the webinar here: AMBER webinar 30th June 2020
Please note that all presentations are subject to the authors copyright.
Field Vegetable workshop
A bioprotectant workshop was held at Warwick Crop Centre on the 5th February 2020. Presentations currently available (All presentations subject to the authors copyright):
Spray application workshop
An ornamental biopesticide spray application workshop was held at Bordon Hill Nursery on the 23rd October 2018. See linkLink opens in a new window
Lectures and presentations
Contact the AMBER project
For more information please contact: