The analytical facilities enable the routine analysis of crops, soil and compost for nutrient status. Analyses typically include the major nutrients, nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium, but can also include trace elements to customer specifications. Modern instrumental methods allow high throughput analysis of samples.
Our facilities include:
High Performance Liquid Chromatography and Gas Chromatography
– Used for the analysis of plant chemicals (eg capsaicin in chilli peppers) and organic contaminants (eg pesticides)
Leco C and N analyser
– Used for measurement of carbon and nitrogen in plants and soil
Inductively Coupled Plasma – Optical Emission Spectrometer
– Used to measure most elements (eg Phosphorus, Potassium, Magnesium) in plants, soil, compost and water
Flow Injection Analyser
– Used to measure nitrate and ammonium in plants, soil, compost and water
- The analysis of pesticide residues in plants, soil and waste water.
- Nutrients in plants, soil, compost and nutrient feed.
- Pesticide sorption and degradation trials.
- Measurement of heat in chilli peppers.
- Method development in a range of analytical techniques.
If you are interested in working with us please contact Andrew dot Jukes at warwick dot ac dot uk