I'm interested in geometric variational problems motivated from physics and biology as well as in curvature based inequalities that arise in the context of such problems. More precisely, I've been working on the following topics
- Willmore energy under fixed isoperimetric ratio
- Bending energies associated to biological cell membranes
- Diameter bounds for solutions of Plateau's problem
- Isoperimetric inequalities in varifold geometry
Publications & Preprints
 Existence and Regularity of Spheres Minimising the Canham-Helfrich Energy (Joint with Andrea Mondino) Arch. Ration. Mech. Anal. (2020) DOI:10.1007/s00205-020-01497-4
 A novel type of Sobolev-Poincaré inequality for submanifolds of Euclidean space (Joint with Ulrich Menne) arXiv:1709.05504
 An isoperimetric inequality for diffused surfaces (Joint with Ulrich Menne) Kodai Math. J. (2018) DOI:10.2996/kmj/1521424824
- MA3G1 Theory of Partial Differential Equations (2020)
- MA3G7 Functional Analysis I (2019)
- MA250 Introduction to Partial Differential Equations (2018/2019)
- MA259 Multivariable Calculus (2018)
2017 onwards: MASDOC student at the University of Warwick heading for a PhD under the supervision of Andrea Mondino.
2016 - 2017 Research at the Max-Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Potsdam-Golm, Germany) under the supervision of Ulrich Menne.
2016 MSc in mathematics at the University of Potsdam (Germany).
Email: C dot Scharrer at warwick dot ac dot uk
Office: B3.04, Zeeman Building