Dr Antoine Choffrut
I have posted short videos related to my research on the YouTube channel 100-second mathematics.
- Analysis of PDE
- Fluid Mechanics (incompressible Euler, Navier-Stokes, Rayleigh-Benard convection, MHD)
- Transport equations
- H-Principle, Convex integration, "wild solutions"
- Calculus of Variations
- Ill-posedness for the cubic nonlinear half-wave equation and other fractional NLS on the real line (with Oana Pocovnicu), International Mathematics Research Notices (2016), doi: 10.1093/imrn/rnw246
- A maximal regularity estimate for the non-stationary Stokes equation in the strip (with Camilla Nobili & Felix Otto), Journal of Differential Equations, 260 (2016), no. 7, 5589–5626.
- Upper bounds on Nusselt number at finite Prandtl number (with Camilla Nobili & Felix Otto), Journal of Differential Equations, 260 (2016), no. 4, 3860–3880.
- Weak solutions to the stationary incompressible Euler equations (with Laszlo Szekelyhidi Jr.), SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis (2014) vol. 46, issue 6, pp. 4060–4074.
- H-principles for the incompressible Euler equations, Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, 210 (2013), no. 1, pp. 133-163.
- Local structure of the set of steady-state solutions to the 2d incompressible Euler equations (with Vladimir Sverak), Geometric and Functional Analysis, Vol. 22, Issue 1 (2012), pp. 136-201.
- Regularity of Lambda-convex sets in two dimensions (with Benjamin Pooley)
- Global structure of the set of steady-state solutions to the 2d incompressible Euler equations (with Herbert Koch)
- 2015 - present
- Research Fellow, University of Warwick
- 2013 - 2015
- Whittaker Research Fellow, University of Edinburgh
- 2011 - 2013
- Scientific Researcher, Universität Leipzig
- 2009 - 2011
- Hausdorff Center Research Fellow, Universität Bonn
- 2009 August
- PhD in Mathematics
- University of Minnesota, advisor Vladimir Sverak
- 2003 - 2009
- Graduate Studies, School of Mathematics, University of Minnesota
- 2003 July
- Passed "Oral preliminary examination" towards a PhD in Electrical Engineering (Signal Processing)
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- I left my PhD in Electrical Engineering unfinished and switched to Mathematics
- 2001 July
- MSc in Electrical Engineering
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, advisor Barry Vanveen
- 1999 - 2003
- Graduate Studies, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 2000 September
- Diplôme d'Ingénieur SUPELEC (equivalent to a BSc in Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- 1997 - 2000
- Studies at the Ecole Supérieure d'Electricité (SUPELEC), Rennes (France)
- 1994 - 1997
- Lycée Saint-Louis, Paris (France)
- Classes Préparatoires Scientifiques aux Grandes Ecoles (3/2 M, 5/2 MP*)