Teaching Responsibilities 2019–20
Seminar group 3: Thursdays, 12:00, CS1.01;
Seminar group 6: Fridays, 10:00, CS1.01;
Seminar group 7: Fridays, 12:00, R0.12.
Seminars and talks
I was due to speak at the Discrete Probability Conference taking place on Spetses, Greece, which has now been postponed. I recently spoke at the Oxford Algorithms and Complexity Theory Seminar and the Warwick Probability Seminar, as well as the Chris Cannings Memorial Symposium in Sheffield. Chris had wide-ranging interests in random processes, evolutionary games, and games on graphs, but was also very influential in the field of statistical genetics. He was a joy to work with, and had a great sense of humour. Here is a picture of the participants, taken by Mark Yarrow.
My main research interests are random graphs, random walks, interacting particle systems, preferential attachment, and extremal problems on graphs and hypergraphs. I am currently primarily working with Hong Liu on the UKRI project Embeddings in Sparse Graphs. I have also worked with Agelos Georgakopoulos on the ERC project Random Graph Geometry and Convergence. I have a Google Scholar profile.Below are links to the journal versions of published papers and arXiv preprints for those not yet published. Where the journal version is not open access, both are provided.
- J. Haslegrave, J. Kim & H. Liu: Extremal density for sparse minors and subdivisions. pdf
- J. Haslegrave, T. Sauerwald & J. Sylvester: Time dependent biased random walks. arXiv
- J. Haslegrave: Countable graphs are majority 3-choosable. arXiv
- A. Georgakopoulos, J. Haslegrave, T. Sauerwald & J. Sylvester: The power of two choices in random walks. arXiv
- A. Georgakopoulos & J. Haslegrave: A time-invariant random network evolution. arXiv
- J. Haslegrave, V. Sidoravicius & L. Tournier: Three-speed ballistic annihilation: phase transition and universality. arXiv
Dedicated to Vladas Sidoravicius, who sadly passed away shortly after this work was completed.
- J. Haslegrave: The ballistic annihilation threshold is positive. arXiv
- A. Georgakopoulos, J. Haslegrave, R. Montgomery & B. Narayanan: Spanning surfaces in 3-graphs. arXiv
- J. Haslegrave & C. Panagiotis: Site percolation and isoperimetric inequalities for plane graphs, Random Structures and Algorithms. journal (OA)
- J. Haslegrave & L. Tournier: Combinatorial universality in three-speed ballistic annihilation, in In and Out of Equilibrium 3, a special volume of Progress in Probability in memory of Vladas Sidoravicius. arXiv
- A. Georgakopoulos & J. Haslegrave: Percolation on an infinitely generated group, Combinatorics, Probability and Computing 29:4 (2020). journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave, J. Jordan & M. Yarrow: Condensation in preferential attachment models with location-based choice, Random Structures and Algorithms 56:3 (2020). journal arXiv
- A. Georgakopoulos, J. Haslegrave, T. Sauerwald & J. Sylvester: Choice and bias in random walks, Innovations in Theoretical Computer Science 2020. Extended abstract based on the preprint above. proceedings (OA)
- R. Henze, C. Mu, et al.: Multi-scale stochastic organization-oriented coarse-graining exemplified on the human mitotic checkpoint, Scientific Reports 9 (2019). journal (OA)
- A. Georgakopoulos, J. Haslegrave & R. Montgomery: Forcing large tight components in 3-graphs, European Journal of Combinatorics 77 (2019). journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave & J. Jordan: Non-convergence of proportions of types in a preferential attachment graph with three co-existing types, Electronic Communications in Probability 23 (2018). journal (OA)
Dedicated to our late friend and colleague Chris Cannings.
- J. Haslegrave: Proof of a local antimagic conjecture, Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science 20:1 (2018). journal (OA)
- J. Haslegrave, R. A. B. Johnson & S. Koch: Locating a robber with multiple probes, Discrete Mathematics 341 (2018). journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave & M. Puljiz: Reaching consensus on a connected graph, Journal of Applied Probability 54:1 (2017). journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave & C. Cannings: Majority dynamics with one nonconformist, Discrete Applied Mathematics 219 (2017). journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave, R. A. B. Johnson & S. Koch: Subdivisions in the robber-locating game, Discrete Mathematics 339:11 (2016). journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave & J. Jordan: Preferential attachment with choice, Random Structures and Algorithms 48:4 (2016). journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave, R. A. B. Johnson & S. Koch: The robber-locating game, Discrete Mathematics 339:1 (2016). journal (OA)
- J. Haslegrave: Judicious partitions of uniform hypergraphs, Combinatorica 34:5 (2014). journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave: Bounds on Herman's algorithm, Theoretical Computer Science 550 (2014). journal (OA)
- J. Haslegrave: Extremal results on average subtree density of series-reduced trees, Journal of Combinatorial Theory series B 107 (2014). journal (OA)
- J. Haslegrave: An evasion game on a graph, Discrete Mathematics 314 (2014). journal (OA)
- J. Haslegrave: The Bollobás–Thomason conjecture for 3-uniform hypergraphs, Combinatorica 32:4 (2012). journal arXiv