Teaching Responsibilities 2019–20
Seminar group 3: Thursdays, 12:00, CS1.01;
Seminar group 6: Fridays, 10:00, CS1.01;
Seminar group 7: Fridays, 12:00, R0.12.
Seminars and talks
I recently spoke at the Chris Cannings Memorial Symposium in Sheffield. Chris had wide-ranging interests in random processes, evolutionary games, and games on graphs, but was also very influential in the field of statistical genetics. He was a joy to work with, and had a great sense of humour. Here is a picture of the participants, taken by Mark Yarrow.
I will be speaking at the Oxford Algorithms and Complexity Theory Seminar on Thursday 13th February. In 2019 I spoke at the Open University Winter Combinatorics Meeting, the NYU Shanghai Probability Seminar, the Discrete Geometry Symposium at CanaDAM, Vancouver, the Université Paris 13 Probability Seminar, the British Combinatorial Conference and the Warwick Probability Seminar.
My main research interests are random graphs, random walks, interacting particle systems, preferential attachment, and extremal problems on graphs and hypergraphs. I am currently working with Agelos Georgakopoulos on the ERC project Random Graph Geometry and Convergence. I have a Google Scholar profile.
- A. Georgakopoulos, J. Haslegrave, T. Sauerwald and J. Sylvester: The power of two choices in random walks. arXiv
- A. Georgakopoulos and J. Haslegrave: A time-invariant random network evolution. arXiv
- J. Haslegrave & C. Panagiotis: Site percolation and isoperimetric inequalities for plane graphs. arXiv
- J. Haslegrave, V. Sidoravicius & L. Tournier: Three-speed ballistic annihilation: phase transition and universality. arXiv
Dedicated to Vladas Sidoravicius, who sadly passed away shortly after this work was completed.
- J. Haslegrave: The ballistic annihilation threshold is positive. arXiv
- A. Georgakopoulos, J. Haslegrave, R. Montgomery & B. Narayanan: Spanning surfaces in 3-graphs. arXiv
- A. Georgakopoulos & J. Haslegrave: Percolation on an infinitely generated group. arXiv
- A. Georgakopoulos, J. Haslegrave, T. Sauerwald and J. Sylvester: Choice and bias in random walks, Innovations in Theoretical Computer Science 2020. Extended abstract based on the preprint above.
- J. Haslegrave, J. Jordan & M. Yarrow: Condensation in preferential attachment models with location-based choice, Random Structures and Algorithms. journal arXiv
- R. Henze, C. Mu, et al.: Multi-scale stochastic organization-oriented coarse-graining exemplified on the human mitotic checkpoint, Scientific Reports 9 (2019). *journal
- A. Georgakopoulos, J. Haslegrave & R. Montgomery: Forcing large tight components in 3-graphs, European Journal of Combinatorics 77 (2019). journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave & J. Jordan: Non-convergence of proportions of types in a preferential attachment graph with three co-existing types, Electronic Communications in Probability 23 (2018). *journal arXiv
Dedicated to our late friend and colleague Chris Cannings.
- J. Haslegrave: Proof of a local antimagic conjecture, Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science 20:1 (2018). *journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave, R. A. B. Johnson & S. Koch: Locating a robber with multiple probes, Discrete Mathematics 341 (2018). journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave & M. Puljiz: Reaching consensus on a connected graph, Journal of Applied Probability 54:1 (2017). journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave & C. Cannings: Majority dynamics with one nonconformist, Discrete Applied Mathematics 219 (2017). journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave, R. A. B. Johnson & S. Koch: Subdivisions in the robber-locating game, Discrete Mathematics 339:11 (2016). journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave & J. Jordan: Preferential attachment with choice, Random Structures and Algorithms 48:4 (2016). journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave, R. A. B. Johnson & S. Koch: The robber-locating game, Discrete Mathematics 339:1 (2016). journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave: Bounds on Herman's algorithm, Theoretical Computer Science 550 (2014). *journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave: Judicious partitions of uniform hypergraphs, Combinatorica 34:5 (2014). journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave: Extremal results on average subtree density of series-reduced trees, Journal of Combinatorial Theory series B 107 (2014). *journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave: An evasion game on a graph, Discrete Mathematics 314 (2014). *journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave: The Bollobás–Thomason conjecture for 3-uniform hypergraphs, Combinatorica 32:4 (2012). journal arXiv
* These journal links are open-access.