Teaching Responsibilities 2020–21
Seminar group 12: Fridays, 12:00, Woods-Scawen room (even weeks) / 13:00, online (odd weeks);
Seminar group 14: Fridays, 14:00, JX2.03 (even weeks) / 15:00, online (odd weeks).
Seminars and talks
I will be speaking at EuroComb; my talk will be at 16:30 CET (15:30 BST) on Monday 6th September. Earlier in the year I spoke as part of the "Average Graph Parameters" symposium, organised by Stijn Cambie, at CanaDAM 2021.
Shortly before the pandemic, I spoke at the Chris Cannings Memorial Symposium in Sheffield. Chris had wide-ranging interests in random processes, evolutionary games, and games on graphs, but was also very influential in the field of statistical genetics. He was a joy to work with, and had a great sense of humour. Here is a picture of the participants, taken by Mark Yarrow.
My main research interests are extremal problems on graphs and hypergraphs, random graphs, random walks, and interacting particle systems. I am currently primarily working with Hong Liu on the UKRI project Embeddings in Sparse Graphs. I have also worked with Agelos Georgakopoulos on the ERC project Random Graph Geometry and Convergence. I have a Google Scholar profile.
Below are links to the journal versions of published papers and arXiv preprints for those not yet published. Where the journal version is not open access, both are provided.
Submitted for publication
- S. Cambie & J. Haslegrave: On the relationship between variable Wiener index and variable Szeged index. arXiv
- J. Haslegrave, J. Hu, J. Kim, H. Liu, B. Luan & G. Wang: Crux and long cycles in graphs. arXiv
- I. Benjamini & J. Haslegrave: Degrees in link graphs of regular graphs. arXiv
- J. Haslegrave: The number and average size of connected sets in graphs with degree constraints. arXiv
- J. Haslegrave: Sum index, difference index and exclusive sum number of graphs. arXiv
- J. Haslegrave: The path minimises the average size of a connected set. arXiv
- J. Haslegrave, T. Sauerwald & J. Sylvester: Time dependent biased random walks. arXiv
- A. Georgakopoulos & J. Haslegrave: A time-invariant random network evolution. arXiv
- J. Haslegrave, V. Sidoravicius & L. Tournier: Three-speed ballistic annihilation: phase transition and universality, Selecta Mathematica 27 (2021). journal OA view only arXiv
Dedicated to Vladas Sidoravicius, who sadly passed away shortly after this work was completed.
- J. Haslegrave, J. Kim & H. Liu: Extremal density for sparse minors and subdivisions, International Mathematics Research Notices. journal (OA)
- A. Georgakopoulos, J. Haslegrave, T. Sauerwald & J. Sylvester: The power of two choices in random walks, Combinatorics, Probability and Computing. journal (OA)
- A. Georgakopoulos, J. Haslegrave, R. Montgomery & B. Narayanan: Spanning surfaces in 3-graphs, Journal of the European Mathematical Society. journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave: Countable graphs are majority 3-choosable, Discussiones Mathematicae Graph Theory. journal (OA)
- J. Haslegrave, J. Kim & H. Liu: Extremal density for sparse minors and subdivisions, Extended Abstracts EuroComb 2021. book
- A. Georgakopoulos, J. Haslegrave, T. Sauerwald & J. Sylvester: Choice and bias in random walks, Innovations in Theoretical Computer Science 2020. proceedings (OA)
- J. Haslegrave & L. Tournier: Combinatorial universality in three-speed ballistic annihilation, in In and Out of Equilibrium 3: Celebrating Vladas Sidoravicius, Progress in Probability 77 (2021). arXiv
- J. Haslegrave & C. Panagiotis: Site percolation and isoperimetric inequalities for plane graphs, Random Structures and Algorithms 58:1 (2021). journal (OA)
- A. Georgakopoulos & J. Haslegrave: Percolation on an infinitely generated group, Combinatorics, Probability and Computing 29:4 (2020). journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave, J. Jordan & M. Yarrow: Condensation in preferential attachment models with location-based choice, Random Structures and Algorithms 56:3 (2020). journal arXiv
- R. Henze, C. Mu, et al.: Multi-scale stochastic organization-oriented coarse-graining exemplified on the human mitotic checkpoint, Scientific Reports 9 (2019). journal (OA)
- A. Georgakopoulos, J. Haslegrave & R. Montgomery: Forcing large tight components in 3-graphs, European Journal of Combinatorics 77 (2019). journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave & J. Jordan: Non-convergence of proportions of types in a preferential attachment graph with three co-existing types, Electronic Communications in Probability 23 (2018). journal (OA)
Dedicated to our late friend and colleague Chris Cannings.
- J. Haslegrave: Proof of a local antimagic conjecture, Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science 20:1 (2018). journal (OA)
- J. Haslegrave, R. A. B. Johnson & S. Koch: Locating a robber with multiple probes, Discrete Mathematics 341 (2018). journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave & M. Puljiz: Reaching consensus on a connected graph, Journal of Applied Probability 54:1 (2017). journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave & C. Cannings: Majority dynamics with one nonconformist, Discrete Applied Mathematics 219 (2017). journal (OA)
- J. Haslegrave, R. A. B. Johnson & S. Koch: Subdivisions in the robber-locating game, Discrete Mathematics 339:11 (2016). journal (OA)
- J. Haslegrave & J. Jordan: Preferential attachment with choice, Random Structures and Algorithms 48:4 (2016). journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave, R. A. B. Johnson & S. Koch: The robber-locating game, Discrete Mathematics 339:1 (2016). journal (OA)
- J. Haslegrave: Judicious partitions of uniform hypergraphs, Combinatorica 34:5 (2014). journal arXiv
- J. Haslegrave: Bounds on Herman's algorithm, Theoretical Computer Science 550 (2014). journal (OA)
- J. Haslegrave: Extremal results on average subtree density of series-reduced trees, Journal of Combinatorial Theory series B 107 (2014). journal (OA)
- J. Haslegrave: An evasion game on a graph, Discrete Mathematics 314 (2014). journal (OA)
- J. Haslegrave: The Bollobás–Thomason conjecture for 3-uniform hypergraphs, Combinatorica 32:4 (2012). journal arXiv