Congratulations on obtaining a place at the Mathematics Department here at the University of Warwick! We look forward to welcoming you in September. In the meantime the pages contained here will help you understand what you should be doing before you arrive, and what you will need to do during your first weeks here. During Welcome Week, the first session will be on Wednesday 25th September, at 10am, in the Zeeman Building, MS02. Please try to arrive early so we can start promptly.
You do not need to register for any modules yet; you can prepare by looking at the available options if you'd like, but you can wait until you arrive before registering, and registrations are not binding initially. The first induction meeting will explain how to choose your modules.
Before you arrive you may want to do some reading to get you up and running. You may also want to find our who your Personal Tutor will be and where to find them straight after your Induction Session on the first day.
There will be a further induction session on Friday of the first week once you have all settled in a bit.
Your First Weeks
- Who does what? Where to find help?
- Choosing your modules
- The Diagnostic Tests
- What to bring with you
- How do lectures work?
- Ask a question: the new maths students forum
- Quiz: are you ready to go?
Schedule for Welcome Week and Week 1
- The Maths Staff Student Liaison Committee (SSLC)
- Warwick Bookshop
- Where are the lecture rooms?
- Tabula (including your timetable)
- Online Module Registration
- Online Undergraduate Handbook
- Department Twitter feed
- Department maps: Ground Floor | 1st Floor | 2nd Floor | 3rd Floor