Postgraduate, and 4th Year MMath, teaching assistants/supervisors form an integral and imprtant part of our undergraduate teaching provision. In 2015/16 the Mathematics Department was part of a University pilot for Sessional Teachers and so along with 5 other departments introduced new procedures for payment of postgraduate teachers. As part of this process we also reviewed our pay structure for teaching, updated for 2016/17, which can be summarised in the following document:
The headline news is that all 2015/16 pay rates increased compared to 2014/15, in some cases considerably where there is significant marking involved and further improvements have been made for 2016/17.
Discussions are still ongoing for the rates and contracts for 2017/18 onwards.
- Sign up for Term 2 Support Class teaching (Postgrads only)
- Sign up for Supervising (MMath students) CLOSED
- Sign up for Supervising and Support Classes (Postgrads) CLOSED
- Sign up for Training for Support Class TAs CLOSED
- Preparing to teach in HE Moodle site (Postgrads only)
- Supervisors' Handbook 2017
- Sessional Teaching Payroll