Current PhD student in the Mathematics of Real World System CDT interested in the spatio-temporal processes which may lead to the emergence of complex biological systems. Attached to the Soyer Group in the School of Life Sciences, we are interested in simulating the evolution and dynamics of realistic chemical reaction networks. Further interests include studying micro-biological systems from an evolutionary networks perspective.
- Sessional Tutor (Computer Lab Demonstrator) : (2018) Duties include leading computer labs with the aim of teaching students how to code using Matlab in a third year course in the School of Life Sciences. These classes supplement the lecture course LF305 Dynamics of Biological Systems. In addition to leading a subset of lab classes and developing the necessary materials, the leaders of other classes are supported and sit-in exams are co-written and marked alongside the course conveyor.
- Associate Tutor (Teaching assistant) : (2018) Duties include running support classes for the MA390 Topics in Mathematical Biology course, a third year course in the Mathematics department. Suplement the students understanding through working through problem sets and providing additional explanations to lecture materials to reinforce learning.
- Assistant Tutor (Supervisor): (2018) Duties include marking the assignment of 3 groups of 5 first year Maths and Physics students. We meet weekly to discuss the assignment work and facilitate the students' understanding of lecture material and support their transition to university and studying university level mathematics.
- Awarded a Fellowship to COMPSYSBIO 2019 Winter school Advanced lecture course on computational systems biology held at the Centre Paul-Langevin, Aussois, France.
- "Simulating the evolution of realistic redox chemical reaction networks through thermodynamically driven chemical expansion", PhD Project 2018 - 2022, Supervisors: Prof. Orkun Soyer (School of Life Sciences), Dr. Marco Polin (Department of Physics), University of Warwick
- "On the evolution of redox reaction systems and the compartmentalisation of chemical reaction networks under prebiotic conditions", MathSys MSc Project 2018, Supervisor: Prof. Orkun Soyer (School of Life Sciences), University of Warwick
- "Digital Pathology and Computer-aided Diagnostics: a Feasibility Study with Applications to Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma", MathSys Research Study Group Project 2018, Supervisor: Prof. Nasir Rajpoot (Tissue Analytics Lab, Department of Computer Science), University of Warwick
- "Analysis of active haemocyte migration through live Drosophila Melanogaster embryo tissues using selective plane illumination microscopy", MPhys Project 2017, Supervisor: Dr Thomas Waigh (Biological Physics Group, School of Physics and Astronomy), Dr Thomas Millard (Developmental Biology & Medicine), University of Manchester
- "Developing new software for neutron reflection Experiments", MPhys Project 2016, Supervisor: Professor Jian Lu (Biological Physics Group, School of Physics and Astronomy), Univerisity of Manchester
- "PEBBLES: Part of Environment Bioinspired Blocks for Large Scale Effective Sensing", YCCSA Summer School Project 2016, Supervisor: Dr Martin Trefzer(Department of Electronic Engineering), Dr Bryce Stewart (Environment and Geography), University of York
- Chaired the Student Staff Liason Committee (SSLC) for the 2017 - 2018 academic year. Set the meeting agenda, chaired the meetings, liased with the Students Union, and produced and edited the Annual report for the Complexity/MAthSys SSLC.
- Member of the MathSys Annual 2018 retreat committee. Assisted with the oranisation of the annual retreat to Hawkshead in the lake district in early May 2018.
Office: D2.09 Mathematics Institute
Office: M133 School of Life Sciences
MSc Mathematics of Systems (Distinction): University of Warwick 2017-2018
Focused on stochastic dynamics and dynamics on a network, coupled with studies of advanced data mining techniques.
MPhys Physics with Theoretical Physics (1st Class): University of Manchester 2013-2017
Focused on Statistical Thermodynamics and Biological Physics.