I am a first year Phd student in the Mathematics for Real-World Systems Centre for Doctoral Training.
In my project I focus on analysing single cell data and developing new targeted analysis methods for this type of data. If you want to know more have a look at the slides of my MSc presentation (follows)!
In general, I am interested in (medical) data analysis and method development, Machine Learning, Computational Biology, Graph- and Network Theory and Mathematical Applications in Social Sciences.
- Master in Mathematics of Systems, University of Warwick, distinction
Topics studied included: Data Analysis, Networks and Random Processes, Dynamical Systems, Numerical Methods, Computational Biology, Complexity in the Social Sciences
Group project "Machine Learning in Julia" in cooperation with Julia Computing. Focus on benchmarking and improving the Julia machine learning echosystem. Implementation of Mondrian Forests in Julia.
Individual project "Improving Cell Type Identification of Single Cell Data by Iterative
Graph Based Noise Filtering" supervised by Sascha Ott (Department of Computer Science) and Lawrence Young (Warwick Medical School).
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, University Duisburg Essen, grade 1.5 (first)
Topics studied included: Analysis, Linear Algebra, Discrete Mathematics, Numerical Mathematics, Optimisation, Stochastics, Economics
Chosen mathematical specialist field: Algebra, including (algebraic) Graph Theory, Cryptography, algebraic Number Theory
Bachelor Thesis: "Iwasawa Algebras" (written in German, basically focusing on defining the three -Algebras and proving they are isomorphic)
- "Deutschlandstipendium" of University Duisburg Essen (academic scholarship, 2013 - 2014)
- Academic Scholarship of the "Evangelisches Studienwerk Villigst" (2014 to date)
- Participation in Harvard Summer School, 2015, completed the module "Graph Theory - Investigating the Mathematical Process" with grade A
June 2018: SIAM National Student Chapter Conference in Bath. Find my poster here (follows)!
Teaching: TA for Linear Algebra at University Duisburg Essen (2016), TA for Combinatorial Optimisation at University of Warwick (2018), TA for Discrete Mathematics and its Applications at University of Warwick (2018), TA for Graph Theory at University of Warwick (2018), TA for Algorithms at University of Warwick (2018)
- Internship in the German Parliament with state secretary Kerstin Griese (September 2018)
- former Member of the Senate of the "Evangelisches Studienwerk Villigst" (former Elections officier, now Project officer)
- alumni of the be.boosted leadership programme, participation at London International Model United Nations in februrary 2018 wit the be.boosted delegation as part of this programme, won a diplomcay award for representing the USA in UNESCO, debating "Protecting Against Marine Hazards"
- voluntary work with Warwick Volunteers, engaged in the project "Fun with Numbers", the aim is to enthuse primary school students with mathematics
Personal Interests: Politics and Social Sciences, Climbing, Hiking, Running
Office: B1.29 (Zeeman Building)