I'm a PhD student at Mathematics for Real-World Systems Centre for Doctoral Training (MathSys II).
I am working under the supervision of Dr. Ritabrata DuttaLink opens in a new window and Prof. Marie-Therese WolframLink opens in a new window.
I am interested in the development of mathematical and statistical methods for modelling stem cell differentiation based on information coming from the Gene Regulatory Network and intracellular communication.
Research Interests: Likelihood-free Inference, Approximate Bayesian Computation, Bayesian Statistics, MCMC, Dynamical Systems, Network Modelling, Neural Networks, Applications in Biology and Social Sciences.
For more information see Curriculum page.
See TeachingLink opens in a new window page for an overview and material.
- F. Basini, V. Tsouli, I. Ntzoufras, N. Friel, Assessing competitive balance in the English Premier League for over forty seasons using a stochastic block model, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A: Statistics in Society, 2023 (PublicationLink opens in a new window)
Conferences and Talks
- SPAAM Seminar | University of Warwick, 9 March 2023 | (hybrid)
Talk: "Likelihood-Free Inference methods for trajectory inference with applications in developmental biology"
- Participant at Mir@W on Optimal Transport and Machine LearningLink opens in a new window | University of Warwick, 23 Jan 2023.
- INI program workshop on Mathematical and statistical foundation of future data driven engineeringLink opens in a new window | University of Cambridge, 16 - 20 January 2022.
- AS&RU Partnership Day 2022Link opens in a new window | University of Warwick, 14 Dec 2022 |
poster: "Improving the LNA" (Best poster - joint winner)
ICMS workshop - Connections between interacting particle dynamics and data science | Sabhal Mor Ostaig, Isle of Skye UK, 22-27 May 2022 - poster: "Improving the LNA" (see below)
- Speaker at Women in Mathematical Sciences eventLink opens in a new window | University of Warwick, 12 May 2022.
- SPAAM Seminar | University of Warwick, 3 February 2021 | (hybrid)
Talk: "Improving the Linear Noise Approximation method with applications in developmental biology"
- CompSysBio21 | Aussois FR, 14-19 November 2021 | (in-person)
Poster: "Landscape modelling approaches in developmental biology"
- Working group on Model-Based Clustering | Vienna AU, 15-19 July 2019 | (in-person)
Poster: "A stochastic block model for football network data"
- Secretary of the MathSys CDT at SSLCLink opens in a new window A.Y. 2019/20, PhD Rep at SSLC A.Y. 2020/21- 2021/22 - 2022/23.
- Treasurer of the Warwick SIAM-IMA Student ChapterLink opens in a new window A.Y. 2021/22.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Transferable Skills in ScienceLink opens in a new window
- Teamworking (CH953Link opens in a new window), Science Communication (CH954Link opens in a new window), Decision Making and Leadership (CH955Link opens in a new window)
Email: Francesca dot Basini at warwick dot ac dot uk
Office: D2.17 Zeeman Building