I am a 1st Year PhD at Mathematics for Real-World Systems Centre for Doctoral Training (MathSys II).
I am working under the supervision of Prof. David Rand (Warwick), Dr. James Briscoe (Crick Institute) in collaboration with Dr. Meritxell Sáez (Crick Institute) and The Francis Crick Institute.
I am interested in the development of mathematical and statistical methods for modelling stem cell differentiation based on information coming from the Gene Regulatory Network and intracellular communication.
- MSc Individual Summer Project (2020) - New model approaches to developmental biology in mouse embryos with supervision of Prof. David Rand (Warwick) and Dr. Meritxell Sáez (Warwick - Crick).
- Master Thesis (2019) - A stochastic block-model for football network data with supervision of Prof. Nial Friel (UCD) and Prof. Cinzia Viroli (University of Bologna)
- Bachelor Thesis (2017) - Protein fluorescence: modelling and regression with supervision of Prof. Vladislav Vyshemyrsky (University of Glasgow) and Angela Montanari (University of Bologna).
- Poster Session at “Working group on Model-Based Clustering” 26th edition, Vienna. (15-19 July 2019)
MSc in Mathematics for Real-World Systems, University of Warwick (2019-20) - with Distinction
- MSc in Statistical Sciences, University of Bologna, IT (2017 - 2019) - 110/110 cum Laude
- Thesis abroad at University College Dublin, IR (2019)
- Member of Collegio Superiore, School of Advanced Studies of University of Bologna (2017-2019)
- BSc with Honours in Statistics, University of Glasgow, UK (2017) - First Class Honours
- BSc in Statistics, University of Bologna, IT (2014-2017) - 110/110 cum Laude
1st Year Maths Supervisor (Term 1&2)
ST219 - Mathematical Statistics (Tutorials).
- Biostatistician summer intern at IRST, Meldola, IT - (Jul-Sep 2018)
Collaborated as a research assistant at the biostatistics division of the Cancer Research Institute (IRST) developing a research study on the efficacy of a new treatment in basket phase III clinical trials.
- Course Degree Tutor at University of Bologna, IT - (2017/18)
Tutoring activity (340 hours) for the Bachelor’s Degree in Statistical Sciences
- Statistics Consultant at Cattaneo Research Institute, Bologna, IT - (Feb - Apr 2018)
Collaboration for the Italian national elections and local elections: data collection, analysis and prediction.
- Academic tutor at University of Bologna IT - (Apr - May 2018)
Tutor for the orientation plan “Science Degrees” (statistical area).
- Award for Best Performer in the Master’s of Statistical Sciences, University of Bologna. (July 2019 )
- Award from Collegio Superiore Alumni Association for Research. (May 2019)
- Scholarship for Thesis abroad, University of Bologna. (a.y 2018/19)
- Scholarship for Excellent Students, University of Bologna. (a.y 2015/16, a.y 2016/17, a.y 2017/18)
- A.Y. 2019/20: Secretary of the MathSys CDT Student Staff Liaison Committee (SSLC)
Email: Francesca dot Basini at warwick dot ac dot uk
Office: D2.05 Zeeman Building