First year PhD student at the Mathematics for Real-World Systems Centre for Doctoral Training (MathSys II CDT). Interested in dynamical systems, mathematical modelling and computational neuroscience. Though my research focus is in mathematical neuroscience, I also find many topics from my previous studies interesting such as mathematical biology, fluid dynamics and machine learning.
MSc Individual Project (2020) - Kinetochore Tracking with Machine Learning
- Developed an automated algorithm for the detection of kinetochore in 3D time-lapse data using machine learning that improved on existing software.
- Supervised by Dr Jonathan Harrison and Professor Nigel Burroughs with data from the McAinsh lab.
MSc Research Group Project (2020) - Using Generative Adversarial Networks to create multi-channel images of cells undergoing macropinocytosis
- Evaluated various generative architectures to learn the mapping between a reference protein marker and several secondary proteins within a cell, enabling us to map the spatio-temporal order of actin recruitment within it.
- Other group members were Nayef Shkeir and Dan Catchpole.
- Supervised by Dr Till Bretschneider with data from 3i.
2020- : PhD in Mathematics for Real-World Systems, University of Warwick
2019-20: MSc in Mathematics for Real-World Systems, University of Warwick (Distinction)
2015-19: MMath in Applied Mathematics, University of Nottingham (First Class Honours)
Office D1.13, Zeeman Building
- Outdoor Bowls, trialled for England Junior team and play for the Warwickshire senior team
- Darts, Ex-President and Ex-Captain for Uni of Notts Darts Team, also currently play for Uni of Warwick.