Below is a list of the papers published by Theme 1 within the CLAHRC WM grant period. Where possible, we also include the Altmetric score of each research output. Altmetrics are metrics and qualitative data that are complementary to traditional, citation-based metrics. They can include (but are not limited to) peer reviews on Faculty of 1000, citations on Wikipedia and in public policy documents, discussions on research blogs, mainstream media coverage, bookmarks on reference managers like Mendeley, and mentions on social networks.
- Wilson A, Elmoghazy D, Truchanowicz EG, MacArthur C, Coomarasamy A. Symphysiotomy for obstructed labour: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BJOG [epub ahead of print].
- Henshall C, Taylor B, Kenyon S. A systematic review to examine the evidence regarding discussions by midwives, with women, around their options for where to give birth. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 2016;16(1):53.
- Kenyon S, Jolly K, Hemming K, Ingram L, Blissett J, Dann S, Lilford L, MacArthur C. Effects of additional lay support for pregnant women with social risk factors on antenatal attendance and maternal psychological health: a randomised controlled trial (ELSIPS). BMJ Open. 2016;6(3):e009203.
- Jones E, Taylor B, MacArthur C, Pritchett R, Cummins C. The effect of early postnatal discharge from hospital for women and infants: a systematic review protocol. Systematic Reviews. 2016:5:24.
- Farre A, Cummins C. Understanding and evaluating the effects of implementing an electronic paediatric prescribing system on care provision and hospital work in paediatric hospital ward settings: a qualitatively driven mixed-method study protocol. BMJ Open. 2016;6(2):e010444.
- Heath G, Cooke R, Cameron E. A theory-based approach for developing interventions to change patient behaviours: A medication adherence example from paediatric secondary care. Healthcare. 2015;3(4)1228-1242.
- Wilson A, Nirantharakumar K, Truchanowicz EG, Surenthirakumaran R, MacArthur C, Coomarasamy A. Motivational interviews to improve contraceptive use in populations at high risk of unintended pregnancy: a systematic review and meta-analysis. European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology. 2015;191:72-79.
- McLeod H, Heath G, Cameron E, Debelle G, Cummins C. Introducing consultant outpatient clinics to community settings to improve access to paediatrics: an observational impact study. BMJ Quality & Safety. 2015;24(6):377-84.
- Daley AJ, Blamey RV, Jolly K, Roalfe AK, Turner KM, Coleman S, et al. A pragmatic randomized controlled trial to evaluate the effectiveness of a facilitated exercise intervention as a treatment for postnatal depression: the PAM-PeRS trial. Psychological medicine. 2015;[ePub ahead of print]:1-13.
- Elwell L, Powell J, Wordsworth S, Cummins C. Challenges of implementing routine health behavior change support in a children's hospital setting. Patient EducCouns. 2014;96(1):113-9.
- Elwell L, Powell J, Wordsworth S, Cummins C. Health professional perspectives on lifestyle behaviour change in the paediatric hospital setting: a qualitative study. BMC Pediatr. 2014;14:71.
Theme 1 links
Professor Christine MacArthur, University of Birmingham
- Birmingham Women’s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Birmingham Children’s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust
- Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust
- Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust
- University of Birmingham