- Biomarker quantitation and metabolic mapping by LC-MS/MS
- Peptide mapping in protein glycation, oxidation and nitration
- Proteomics and Proteome bioinformatics, Masslynx, Biolynx
- Isolation and culture of human blood cells (erythrocytes, neutrophils, monocytes, macrophages and lymphocytes
Metabolic, molecular biological and cytological analysis (biochemical and clinical)
- Assay of enzyme activities (Particularly glyoxalases, transketolase and other enzymes), metabolite concentrations, immunoassay and immunoblotting.
Synthetic biochemistry and pharmaceutical chemistry
- Novel drugs: Advanced glycation endproduct (AGE) receptor antagonists, α, β-dicarbonyl scavengers and glyoxalase mimetics. (therapy of diabetic complications)
- Diagnostic: Analytical standards and derivatizing agents for α, β-dicarbonyl assay, protein AGE assay and lipid AGE assay.
- Liquid chromatography, 2D-Isoelectric focusing and electrophoresis, mass spectrometry, electron spin resonance, high resolution nuclear magnetic resonance, absorption and fluoresence spectrophotometry.