I have been active in translational research for twenty years and have published 69 original articles and 16 chapters for academic books. I have previously work at universities of Liverpool and Nottingham. I currently serve on several international and national committees, European Society for Human Reproduction and Endocrinology Early Pregnancy Special Interest Group, MHRA -Expert advisory panel for women?s health, Scientific Advisory Committee RCOG, RCOG preterm labour clinical study group, RCOG early pregnancy clinical study group. I am an associate editor of BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth and have previously been an associate editor of Human Reproduction. I have had significant media coverage of my work including local and national newspapers, BBC4 womans hour, BBC TV and ITV news and I am a media spokesperson for RCOG.
My current research interests are translational research into, recurrent miscarriage, implantation, preterm and dysfunctional labour and obesity in pregnancy.
CURRENT RESEARCH PROJECTS
- Floyd RV, Wray S, Quenby S, Martin-Vasallo P and Mobasheri A (2010) Expression and distribution of Na, K-ATPase isoforms in the human uterus. Reprod Sci 17 (4) 366 - 376 [article]
- Teklenburg G, Salker M, Molokhia M, Lavery S, Trew G, Aojanepong T, Mardon HJ, Lokugamage AU, Rai R, Landles C, Roelen BA, Quenby S, Kuijk EW, Kavelaars A, Heijnen CJ, Regan L, Brosens JJ, and Macklon NS (2010) Natural selection of human embryos: decidualizing endometrial stromal cells serve as sensors of embryo quality upon implantation. PLoS One 5 (4) e10258 (1932-6203) [article]
- Quenby S (2010) Obstetric management of women after treatment for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia. BJOG 117 234 - 244 (0306-5456)
- Quenby S and Woods L (2010) Exploring pregnancy following a pre-term birth or pregnancy loss. Br J Midwifery 18 350 - 356 (0969-4900)
- O'Brien ET, Quenby S and Lavender T (2010) Women's views of high risk pregnancy under threat of preterm. Sex Reprod Healthc 1 79 - 85