The Transparent Body? Diagnostic Radiology
26-27 January 2010
- Kelly Joyce, Associate Professor, Department of Sociology, College of William and Mary. Williamsburg, VA
- Richard Wellings, Consultant Radiologist, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire and Honorary Associate Professor, University of Warwick
Topics for discussion are likely to include:
- The technological and social construction of radiological images
- Changes in the use of radiology in clinical medicine and the radiology profession
- Patients' experiences
- Media coverage of radiology images
Participants will be introduced to a range of radiological imaging techniques by Richard Wellings, a consultant radiologist specialising in musculoskeletal and cardiac imaging, with a keen interest in the latest 3D techniques. They will have the opportunity to view the machines and the images within a hospital setting and discuss imaging technology and process.
Kelly Joyce will give a lecture entitled: 'A Sacred Technology? Connecting Cultural Stories about MRI to Medical Practice'.
Follow the link above for the programme and information about travel and accommodation.
Now updated. Follow the link above for presentations, briefing paper and photos from this workshop.