The Mass Spectrometry Analysis Unit is a dedicated research unit based in the Clinical Sciences Building at University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire.
The main mass spectrometry platforms in WMS are two ultra high performance, liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) platforms used in quantitative stable isotopic dilution analysis.
The laboratory has leading expertise in quantitation of damage to proteins, DNA and lipids in physiological systems and also quantitation of health beneficial dietary bioactive compounds of fruit and vegetable origin.
To discuss collaboration or any service contract requirements, please contact the Laboratory Managers
- Quantitative mass spectrometry stable isotopic dilution analysis LC-MS/MS – metabolomics and proteomics
- Proteomics of protein damage – identification of proteins and sites within them that are hotspot of damage by glycation, oxidation or nitration
- Proteome dynamics
- Biomarkers of metabolic, vascular and skeleto-muscular health
- Tandem Mass Spectometers
- Acquity UPLC system with Xevo-TQS tandem mass spectrometer (Waters)
- Acquity UPLC system with Quattro Premier XE tandem mass spectrometer (Waters)
- HCT ultra ion trap mass spectrometer (Bruker)
- Axima-CFR Plus MALDI-TOF mass spectrometer (Kratos Analytical)
- Shimadzu 2D micro-liquid chromatography system