This module provides a valuable opportunity to gain information about the wide range of research projects available across the university.
This calendar's schedule is empty.
There will be two half-day session per week. Each session will be led by a different academic and will focus on a specific research area. Sessions may include:
- Lecture (delivered by the academic leading the session)
- A group session based on some aspect of the research
At the end of the module, each student will present a seminar based on one of the sessions. A portfolio recording achievements and supporting evidence will be maintained throughout the module.
- Principles of interdisciplinary biomedical research
- Constructing systematic literature searches
- Scientific information services
- Conducting quantitative biomedical imaging research
- Case studies in quantitative biomedical imaging research
- Writing a literature review
- Team development, learning styles, team roles
- Skills in presentation of scientific research
- MSc routes: available as a module on the Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research MSc