Friday 13 March 2020
10.00am - 3.15pm
The University of Warwick’s Medical School is holding a Taster Day for Year 12 students who are thinking about studying the BSc Health and Medical Sciences degree.
Find out at this dedicated Taster Day how our new undergraduate BSc Health and Medical Sciences degree can help today’s big thinkers impact the future of health care.
In response to a changing and challenging landscape, our BSc Health and Medical Sciences course creates an exciting opportunity to explore health from multiple perspectives, helping to find solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems.
More information about the course can be found here.
The day will include:
- Welcome to Warwick Medical School and overview of the BSc Health and Medical Sciences
- Introduction to case based learning, a signature small group based teaching and learning approach for Warwick Medical School
- Overview of the admissions procedure at the University of Warwick and tips for applying
- Career opportunities available after completion of this course and support available throughout the course to develop your employability skills
- Meet and talk with academic members of staff that will be teaching and leading various modules on the course
- Meet current Warwick Medical School students and hear about their experience as Warwick Medical School students
- Lunch break and explore the Warwick Medical School
Taster days are primarily aimed at schools that would like to bring groups of students, however individuals are also welcome.
The Taster Day is free of charge.
Who can apply?
This event is likely to be oversubscribed so priority will be given to students who are in Year 12 and have a passion for health and science.
How to get here
By public transport
If you are travelling via public transport, information on how to reach the campus is available on the following pages:
If you are travelling to campus by car, pay and display parking for the day will be available on main campus on a first-come, first-served basis and the charge is £5 (please bring the correct change with you). Please indicate on the registration form if you require a parking space and further details regarding which car park to use will be sent closer to the time. Please be aware, due to building works there is no parking at the Medical School on Gibbet Hill. If you are a blue badge user, please get in touch as soon possible with your details and we will try to reserve you a disabled space, though these are still very limited.
By minibus or private/ school coach
If you are bringing a school group and travelling via minibus or coach, parking for the day is free of charge and available in our coach park. Please indicate your method of transport on the registration form.
If you have any questions you can contact us on email@example.com