This year we are organising three events for the Restart A Heart 2021 campaign, a Resuscitation Council UK initiative to introduce the public to CPR and AED use and increase awareness of how immediate action can save lives. We have teamed up with Warwick First Aid Society to increase the capacity of people we can deliver these events. We have two events on campus for Staff and Students and one at Cannon Park open to the public aimed at providing a space to learn CPR and AED. These events have been developed with the support of Warwick Community Values Education Programme (CVEP).
- On Friday 8th October we will be attending a School of Life Sciences (SLS) event on Gibbet Hill. This will be open to SLS students and WMS students. Updated event information will be sent out to the relevant schools.
- On Wednesday 13th October we will be at the piazza on main campus from 13:00. This will be open to all Warwick University staff and students.
- On Saturday 16th October is the main #RestartAHeart day which will be a public event taking place at Cannon Park Shopping Centre (Lynchgate Road, CV4 7EH).
- Prior to the pandemic, we'd planned to participated in a unique CPR/AED community teaching opportunity at the British Science Museum during their Science Museum Lates: Space event, organised by UK Space Labs and the Space Generation Advisory Council. It is hoped that this will be rearranged at a later date.
- We visited Our Lady's Catholic Primary School in Princethorpe for "Emergency Services" day with the West Midlands Care Team. Our instructors helped teach reception through to year 6 students basic CPR and awareness of bystander BLS.
- We visited Kenilworth School for “Restart a Heart” day. Our instructors, along with volunteers, taught approximately 300 Year 7 students basic CPR.