INSPIRE’s Graduate Entry Research in Medicine Conference (GERMCON) is an opportunity for undergraduate medical students at graduate entry institutions to present their academic work to colleagues, clinicians and academics. It is also a chance for undergraduate medical students to be exposed to academic medicine and to meet clinicians and fellow students undertaking research alongside their clinical role.
Warwick Medical School are pleased to be hosting the fourth national GERMCON on Saturday 11 September 2021. The event will take place at the Scarman Conference Centre, Scarman Road, Coventry, CV4 7SH.
To find out more, please see further information below and our poster for the 2021 GERMCON: GERMCON 2021 poster
THE CONFERENCE IS NOW FREE: Due to extra funding, we are delighted to offer all GEM students free attendance to this year's GERMCON.
Call for abstracts
GEM students across the UK are invited to submit their academic work to a unique national conference dedicated to medical academia in graduate entry programmes.
Submissions can be made in the following areas:
- Service evaluations
We welcome submissions in the following formats:
- Posters for oral presentation
- Posters for display
- Abstracts for oral presentation
Deadline: Sunday 29 August 2021 (projects need not be complete at the point of submission)
Submission Guidance: 2021 Submission Guidance
Prizes and awards: Prizes will be awarded by an external judging panel.
Submissions and enquiries: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (include GERMCON in the subject)
Tickets and Schedule
Tickets will be available via Eventbrite shortly. Please check back for updates.
The schedule will be confirmed here shortly. Please check back for updates.
What can I expect on the day?
- Live presentations of student research
- Workshops with academics on developing and publishing research during medical school and beyond
- Events to be live-streamed on MS Teams for those joining remotely
- Keynote talk from Professor Prithwish Banerjee, Consultant Cardiologist and Lead for Heart Failure at University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire (UHCW)
- Event date: Saturday 11 September
- Location: Scarman Conference Centre, CV4 7SH. Please visit Warwick Conferences for travel information.
- Cost: This year's event will be free for GEM students owing to extra funding.
- For other delegates, there is a £5 charge
- Travel grants of up to £50 for any student presenting research are available. Please note, these are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- Lunch and refreshments are included