Research in medical and biological physics spans several groups within the Physics Department, often involving one of the interdisciplinary centres.
- Medical physics research led by Dr Jon Duffy (Warwick) and Dr Spyros Manolopoulos (University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire) focuses on modelling the behaviour and imaging of tissues.
- Dr Marco Polin and Dr Vasily Kantsler have recently started a new experimental group in Physics at Warwick studying soft condensed matter, in particular the biophysics of micro-organisms.
- Dr Emma MacPherson is developing terahertz imaging techniques for improved medical diagnosis and treatment strategies.
- The Solid State NMR Group has an interest in studying biological materials such as membrane proteins.
- Within the Theoretical Physics Research Group, several projects are available on a biological theme: see in particular the work of Prof. Matthew Turner.