Since astronomy is one of the most accessible sciences, we have made efforts to publicise our research to a broad audience through press releases and associated interviews. This page lists press releases associated with our research.
- Most extreme white dwarf binary system found with orbit of just 5 minutes (2010)
- Ticking Stellar Time Bomb Identified (2009)
- 2 Earth-sized bodies with oxygen rich atmospheres found- but they’re stars not planets (2009)
- Nature Video: A flash from the early Universe (2009)
- The planet that shouldn't exist (2009)
- Stellar Explosion Displays Massive Carbon Footprint (2009)
- Mapping the Milky Way galaxy i-cast (2008) (watch it on Youtube)
- Rugby & Kenilworth MP Gets in Astronomer’s Shadow (2008)
- Warwick researchers use Hubble Telescope to find object once brighter than 10 million galaxies (2007)
- Several Jupiter sized planets found to have only weak Earth like gravity (2007)
- Coventry student directs gaze of one of Europe's largest telescopes (2007)
- Amateur astronomers help keep tabs on White Dwarf overdue for massive starquake (2007), including a Warwick i-cast (watch it on Youtube)
- Metal Ring Round White Dwarf Solves Missing Planets Puzzle (2006)
The impact that these press releases have had in the media is listed here.