Our Omicron X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy system is a state-of-the-art surface analysis chamber, offering high resolution XPS and UPS measurements, and a range of sample preparation facilities.
- Monochromated Al Kα X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS).
- Typical resolution = 0.47 eV.
- Typical XPS probing depth of 2-10 nm.
- Operating pressure ~ 2 x10-11 mbar.
- Minimum probing area: 60 μm x 60 μm
- Maximum probing area: 1.75 mm x 2.75 mm
- Range of take-off angles available for more surface sensitive experiments.
|Other System Features
- Ultraviolet photoelectron spectroscopy (UPS).
- Typical resolution = 0.2 eV, highest resolution = 0.12 eV.
- Low energy ion guns on both chambers for sample cleaning.
- Ports for evaporation cells on the adjacent preparation chamber.
- Computer-controlled sample annealing up to 850 C in both chambers.
- Fast entry chamber for sample loading and integrated in-vacuum transfer
system, including our new three-stage sample loader.
- UHV transfer to our ARPES / LEED chamber.
- Sample carousel with 12 slots for sample storage in UHV conditions.
- Sample dimensions must be no greater than ~ 12 x 12 x 5 mm.
How to find us....
Please come and see Marc Walker in his office, P459, in the Department of Physics.
Tel: 02476 151776.
Omicron XPS Instrument Photos