Assistant Professor and STFC Ernest Rutherford Fellow
I am an experimental particle physicist and part of the University of Warwick Elementary Particle Physics Group. I have been a member of the LHCb Collaboration since 2014. My predominant research interests involve searching for, and measuring, CP violation (a violation of the symmetry between matter and anti-matter) in B-meson decays using data from the LHCb experiment at CERN. These measurements provide a powerful and precise test of the Standard Model and are sensitive to New Physics (NP) particles at extremely high energy scales.
I am the holder of an STFC Ernest Rutherford Fellowship for the project "Getting a flavour for New Physics with precision measurements of tree-level beauty decays.
I have been awarded an ERC Starting Grant for the "KstarKstar" project, which will commence in October 2022, and provides for 2 PhD students and 2 PDRAs.
A full list (611 published in journals as of 31/03/22) can be found at inspire-hep.
- Assistant Professor, University of Warwick (2019-Present)
- Senior Research Fellow, University of Cambridge (2018-2019)
- Junior Research Fellow, Clare College, University of Cambridge (2016-2018)
- Research Fellow, CERN (2014-2016)
- PhD in High Energy Physics, Imperial College London and CERN (2010-2014)
Warwick Week Flavour Physics Lectures
These lectures, hosted at Warwick, are given to all first year PhD students in particle physics at several UK institutes.
Previous years course material and recordings are also available: 
Lecture 1 - Flavour in the Standard Model
Lecture 2 - Mixing and CP violation
Lecture 3 - Measuring the CKM parameters
Lecture 4 - Flavour Changing Neutral Currents
I currently supervise two PhD students:
- "Measurements of decays at LHCb" - Matthew Monk (Warwick)
- "Measurement of the CKM angle γ with decays" - Aidan Weiderhold (Warwick)
PhD students I have supervised who have graduated:
- "Search for the decay and measurement of " - Blaise Delaney (Cambridge) - 2022
I usually take two MPhys project students each year. Past projects have been
- "Inclusive flavour tagging for event selection at LHCb" (21/22) - Trennesh Sivakumaar and Lawrence Gilfrin
- "Studies of decays at LHCb" (20/21) - Ryan Firmin and Luke Grazette
- "Combining Beauty and Charm datasets at LHCb" (19/20) - Aidan Weiderhold and Nick Latham
Positions and Responsibilities
- Scientific Advisor for Netflix (21-)
- LHCb UK Physics Coordinator (20-22)
- LHCb Statistics Working Group Convener (20-22)
- PDG Review Author, "Determination of CKM angle from B hadrons" (19-), PDG 2021
- LHCb Beauty to Open Charm Working Group Convener (17-19)
- HFLAV Member (LHCb contact for Unitarity Angles) (16-)
Department of Physics, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL
Telephone: +44 (0)24 765 23694
E-Mail: matt dot kenzie at warwick dot ac dot uk