Every week or so I aim to update my email signature with a new tip for how to be more environmentally sustainable. Below is a catalogue of all of my tips to date.
- Switch off your monitor(s) before you go home.
- Turn off the lights in empty rooms.
- Familiarise yourself with the University's recycling guidelines.
- Print double-sided if you can. Don't print at all if you can avoid it.
- Remember the waste hierarchy: Prevent, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Recover, Dispose.
- Only use recyclable wrapping paper this Christmas. This means no shiny surfaces, and strictly no glitter!
Inspired to make a difference? Sign up to become a Green Champion now.