I am a Research Fellow in the Centre for Industrial Ultrasonics. My current research focuses on the development of new ultrasonic devices for hostile environments, particularly those characterised by high pressure and temperature. It is hoped that these devices can be utilised effectively for flow measurement and other processes encompassing a wide range of industrial and medical applications.
I obtained my PhD in 2014 from the School of Engineering, University of Glasgow, where I investigated Nitinol shape memory alloys for tuneable resonance ultrasonic devices. The following list contains peer-reviewed journal publications from my research career.
- L. Kang, A. Feeney, and S. Dixon, "Wideband electromagnetic dynamic acoustic transducers (WEMDATs) for air-coupled ultrasonic applications," Applied Physics Letters, vol. 114, no. 5, p. 053505, 2019.
- A. Feeney, L. Kang, and S. Dixon, "High frequency measurement of ultrasound using ﬂexural ultrasonic
transducers," IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 18, no. 13, pp. 5238 - 5244, 2018.
- A. Feeney and M. Lucas, "A comparison of two configurations for a dual-resonance cymbal transducer," IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, vol 65, no. 3, pp. 489-496, 2018.
- A. Feeney, L. Kang, and S. Dixon, "Nonlinearity in the dynamic response of flexural ultrasonic transducers,"
IEEE Sensors Letters, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1-4, 2018.
- A. Feeney, L. Kang, G. Rowlands, and S. Dixon, "The dynamic performance of flexural ultrasonic transducers," Sensors, vol. 18, no. 1, 270, pp. 1-14, 2018.
- S. Dixon, L. Kang, M. Ginestier, C. Wells, G. Rowlands, and A. Feeney, "The electro-mechanical behaviour
of flexural ultrasonic transducers," Applied Physics Letters, vol. 110, no. 22, p. 223502, 2017.
- A. Feeney, S. Sikaneta, P. Harkness, and M. Lucas, "Ultrasonic compaction of granular geological materials", Ultrasonics, vol. 76, pp. 136-144, 2017.
- F. Bejarano, A. Feeney, R. Wallace, H. Simpson, and M. Lucas, "An ultrasonic orthopaedic surgical device based on a cymbal transducer," Ultrasonics, vol. 72, pp. 24-33, 2016.
- A. Feeney and M. Lucas, "Diﬀerential scanning calorimetry of superelastic nitinol for tunable cymbal transducers," Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, vol. 27 no. 10, pp. 1376-1387, 2016.
- A. Feeney and M. Lucas, "Smart cymbal transducers with nitinol end caps tunable to multiple operating frequencies," (Invited), IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, vol. 61, no. 10, pp. 1709-1719, 2014.
- P. Harkness, M. McRobb, P. Lützkendorf, R. Milligan, A. Feeney, and C. Clark, "Development status of
AEOLDOS - a deorbit module for small satellites," Advances in Space Research, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 82-91, 2014.
- F. Bejarano, A. Feeney, and M. Lucas, "A cymbal transducer for power ultrasonics applications," Sensors and
Actuators A: Physical, vol. 210, pp. 182-189, 2014.
Department of Physics