Visual attention in particular contextual cueing, visual marking, the attentional blink,the interaction between attention and affect, and how people initially process and search different types of displays.
- Phelps, E.E., Wellings, R., Kunar, M.A., Hutchinson, C. & Griffiths, F. (In Press). A qualitative study exploring the experience of viewing 3D medical images during an orthopaedic outpatient consultation from the perspective of patients, healthcare professionals and lay representatives. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice
- Gunnell, D. O. A., Kunar, M. A., & Watson, D. G. (2020). Having a phone conversation delays but does not disrupt cognitive mechanisms. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied, 26(2), 199–217.
- Gunnell, Daniel, Kunar, Melina A., Norman, Danielle and Watson, Derrick G. (2019) The hazards of perception : evaluating a change blindness demonstration within a real-world driver education course. Cognitive Research: Principles and Implications. 4:15
- Kunar, M. A., Cole, L., Cox, A. & Ocampo, J. (2018). It's Not Good to Talk: Conversation Has a Fixed Interference Cost on Attention Regardless of Difficulty. Cognitive Research: Principles and Implications, 3:33
- Kunar, M. A., Watson, D.G., Taylor-Phillips, S. & Wolska, J. (2017). Low Prevalence Search for Cancers in Mammograms: Evidence using Laboratory Experiments and Computer Aided Detection. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied, 23, 369-385.
- Kunar, M. A., Watson, D.G., Tsetsos, K. & Chater, N. (2017). The Influence of Attention on Value Integration. Attention, Perception & Psychophysics, 79, 1615-1627.