Each module lasts 24 weeks.
- PS111: Brain and Behaviour: (Core) Biological basis of behaviour, perception and action, neuropsychology of cognition and emotion, psychopathology.
- PS112: Psychology in Context: (Core) History of psychology, social psychology, developmental psychology, psychology of memory.
- PS113: Statistical Methods in Psychology: (Core) Introduction to statistical analysis and experimental design.
- PS114: Research Methods in Psychology: (Core) Introduction to research methods through practical work.
- PS115: Psychology in the Real World or choose from a wide range of possibilities in science, social studies and the arts.
- PS116: Academic Skills for Psychologists: (Core) Practical training in fundamental academic skills for psychology students.
Each module lasts 12 weeks and gives more advanced treatment of the core areas in Psychology. All modules are core.
- PS201: Individual Differences
- PS210: Language and Cognition
- PS211: Perception, Planning and Action
- PS215: Methods in Psychology II
- PS216: Second Year Project
- PS218: Developmental Psychology
- PS219: Psychobiology
- PS220: Social Psychology
- PS302: Third Year Project: (Core). This module lasts 24 weeks and contributes 25% of the Third Year marks. There are slightly different projects for Psychology and linguistics students, but the information for PS302 will be relevant.
All other modules are options (you will choose six) and each last 12 weeks. The list of options is based on the research interests of staff and may vary from year to year
- PS343: Health Psychology
- PS346: Perspectives in Clinical and Counselling Psychology
- PS348: Issues in Families and Development
- PS349: Psychology of Ageing
- PS350: Body Perception: Neurons to Experience
- PS351: Psychology and the Law
- PS353: Developmental Psychopathology
- PS358: Theory and Research on Emotion
- PS359: Behaviour Change
- PS360: Non-Verbal Behaviour
- PS361: Words and Reading
- PS362: Sleep & Health
- PS369: Linguistics and Psychology Project
- PS371: Animal Behaviour
- PS372: The Psychology of Intellectual Disabilities and Sensory Impairments