Some interesting facts:
- In addition to traditional academic talks, there have been 15 "Gregynog Speakers" (who either talked about Gregynog Hall, or were artists who talked about their work), 2 "Musical Interludes", and 20 short courses comprised of 3 lectures (typically) which gave an introduction to a specialist topic.
- In total there have been 421 talks, the first given by John Aitchison, and the most recent milestone talk (400th) given by Philip Protter (Columbia).
- A small selection of past speakers (to 1990) include: Henry Daniels, David Cox, Peter Bickel, David Kendall, George Barnard, John Nelder, Brad Efron, Adrian Smith, Peter Donnelly, David Spiegelhalter and Julian Besag.
- The speakers who have spoken on most seperate occasions are Russell Cheng (Southampton) and John Copas (Warwick), both of whom have spoken 5 times.
- The speaker who has spoken most frequently is Martin Crowder (Imperial) (6 times, comprising a short course of 3 talks in 1994 (30th) and 3 talks in 2001 (37th)).
- The record for the greatest time elapsed between presentations is 38 years and is held by Alan Hawkes (1975 and 2013).
The following pdf files contain a listing of all past speakers at the Gregynog Statistical Conference:
The following table is a complete list of the programmes of previous Gregynog Statistical Conferences, along with other selected resources (such as pictures):
|1965||1975||1985||1995||2005||2015: webpage, handbook, picture|
|1966||1976||1986||1996||2006||2016: webpage, handbook, picture
|1967||1977||1987||1997||2007||2017: webpage, handbook, picture|
|1971||1981||1991||2001||2011: handbook, picture|
|1972||1982||1992||2002||2012: handbook, picture|
|1973||1983||1993||2003||2013: handbook, picture|
|1974||1984||1994||2004||2014: handbook, picture
If you have any other resources (such as pictures etc.) please forward to one of the current organising committee.