The "54th Gregynog Statistical Conference" will take place from Friday, 23rd - Sunday, 25th March 2018 at Gregynog Hall, in the fantastic Welsh countryside. The conference will comprise short courses (which this year will be on "Statistical Cryptography" given by Louis Aslett (Durham) and "Stochastic Simulation and Optimisation" given by Owen Jones (Cardiff)), a number of research talks and a poster session aimed at a general mathematical audience. There will be lots of opportunity (particularly for research students) to get to know one another, explore the numerous walks (or hikes!) around the hall and even take an excursion to Powis Castle and Garden.
The "Gregynog Statistical Conference" has been running annually since 1965 and has a fascinating history... (which can be found here!)
- Louis Aslett (Durham) - *Short course comprising 3 talks*
- Mark Briers (ATI)
- Owen Jones (Cardiff) - *Short course comprising 3 talks*
- Christian Robert (Dauphine)
- Patrick Rubin-Delanchy (Bristol)
- Sara Wade (Warwick)
- Costs: £250 (£85 per person per night (including food), plus £80 registration) payable on registration. Note that the conference is cost neutral, with the registration costs being used to cover speaker expenses, and any remainder reflected in the following years costs.
- Registration [closed].
- Travel Arrangements / Useful Links
- Past Gregynog Statistical Conferences and History
Some important notes
- Posters - We will be having a poster session this year on the Friday, PhD students are particularly encouraged to present (and in the event of over-subscription this may be used as a selection or room pairing criterion!)
- Gregynog and Powis Castle are excellent places for walks (and hikes!) etc. - so you would be well advised to consider bringing appropriate clothing and shoes…
- Cycling: Some people will be cycling from Campus to Gregynog (or more likely Welshpool to Gregynog) and back... If you are interested in joining please email Murray.