The following projects are examples of the kinds of research that I am interested in supervising: all falling in the areas of applied statistics and probability theory. Generally my research interests centre around topics which involve various mixtures of statistics, probability, computation, and a strong geometric flavour.
List of projects
- Dirichlet forms and Markov chain Monte Carlo
- Statistical methods applied to Anglo-Saxon archaeological data
- Statistics and quality control using Computerised Tomography in the context of Additive Layer Manufacturing (3D printing)
- Statistics and the Life and Death of Pixels (with Julia Brettschneider)
- Foundations of probabilistic coupling
- Probabilistic transportation networks
- Perfect simulation for compartment models
- Quad-trees, Multiresolution image analysis, and boundaries
Contact me if you want to discuss any of these further.