I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Statistics of the University of Warwick since September 2017.
I am interested in both theory, methods, and applications of statistics. My area of expertise is Functional Data Analysis, but I am also interested in High-Dimensional Statistics, Stochastic Processes, Time Series Analysis, Multiple Testing, and Shrinkage Estimation. Recently, I've become increasingly interested in methodological developments driven by applications in Phonetics, Imaging, and Biophysics. More details and list of publications are on my old webpage.
For st323/412 students: the support for the revision will be solely via the module's moodle forum.
Information for Tutees (and not ST323/412 students), since I am away most of term 3,
- I will be holding office hours only during the following days: Fridays May 18, June 1, June 15: 4.30pm-5.30pm
- Week 3: Jim Smith is covering for me (office C1.12 Zeeman, office hours Wednesday 9.30am-10.30am, Friday 4.30pm-5.30pm).
- Weeks 4-10: Panayiota Constantinou is covering for me (office 2.36, 2nd floor Ramphal Building, Office hours: Thursday & Friday 10.30am-11.30am).
- Note: I am still available by email.
- I will be in contact for arranging end of term meetings.
email: s.tavakoli ((at)) warwick ((dot)) ac ((dot)) uk
office: B2.25 Zeeman Building (over in Maths)
phone: (+44 024 765) 74808