Local schools are invited to nominate two year 9 pupils (1 boy, 1 girl) to attend the Saturday morning Royal Institution Engineering Masterclasses in WMG, at the University of Warwick in the spring term in 2018. These classes will commence on Saturday 27th January.
This Series aims to open the eyes of young people to the excitement, beauty and value of engineering, and in turn, inspire the next generation of scientists, mathematicians and engineers.
The Series will be hosted by WMG, and delivered by staff and students from WMG and the School of Engineering. Each masterclass will focus on an aspect of modern engineering and will be presented by an engineer actively involved in research or working in industry. The classes take the form of interactive workshop sessions.
The dates for the RI Masterclasses 2018 Series are:
Saturday mornings January 27th, February 3th and 10th, March 3th, 10th, 17th.
The sessions delivered in 2017 are listed below.
- Will 3D printing turn you into a designer?: Simon Leigh (School of Engineering)
- Crash Structures from Recycled Materials: Peter Wilson Felipe Cicaroni Fernandes, Paula Kishi Kurdoshi (WMG)
- Software and Control: Margaret Low (WMG)
- Material Matters: Tara Schiller, Nessa Fereshteh Saniee (WMG)
- The Power of Process: Mairi Macintyre (WMG)
- Autonomous Vehicles - a taste of htings to come: Paul Jennings, Harita Joshi, Valentina Donzella, Siddartha Khastgir (WMG)