In the Autumn term, local schools were invited to nominate two year 9 pupils (of different genders) to attend the Saturday morning Royal Institution Engineering Masterclasses in WMG, at the University of Warwick in the spring term. These classes commenced on Saturday 26th January.
This Series aims to open the eyes of young people to the excitement, beauty and value of engineering, and in turn, inspire the next generation of scientists, mathematicians and engineers.
The Series is delivered by staff and students from WMG. Each masterclass focuses on an aspect of modern engineering and is presented by an engineer actively involved in research or working in industry. The classes take the form of interactive workshop sessions.
The dates for the RI Masterclasses 2019 Series are:
Saturday mornings January 26th, February 2nd and 9th, March 2nd, 9th, 16th.
The sessions planned for 2019 are listed below.
- Software and Control: Margaret Low
- Computer Aided Design and 3D printing: Diane Burton
- The Power of Process: Mairi Macintyre
- Crash Structures from Recycled Materials: Peter Wilson
- Autonomous Vehicles - a taste of things to come: Valentina Donzella
- Material Matters: Mel Loveridge + Eve Wheeler-Jones