Local schools are invited to nominate two year 9 pupils (1 boy, 1 girl) to attend the Saturday morning Royal Institution Engineering Masterclasses in WMG, at the University of Warwick in the spring term. These classes commence on the 1st of February 2020.
This Series aims to open the eyes of young people to the excitement, beauty and value of engineering, and in turn, inspire the next generation of scientists, mathematicians and engineers.
The Series is delivered by staff and students from WMG. Each masterclass focuses on an aspect of modern engineering and is presented by an engineer actively involved in research or working in industry. The classes take the form of interactive workshop sessions.
The dates for the RI Masterclasses 2020 Series are:
Saturday mornings February 1st, 8th, 15th, 29th and March 7th, 14th.
The sessions that were delivered in 2019 are listed below.
- Software and Control: Margaret Low
- Computer Aided Design and 3D printing: Diane Burton
- The Power of Process: Mairi Macintyre
- Crash Structures from Recycled Materials: Peter Wilson
- Autonomous Vehicles - a taste of things to come: Valentina Donzella
- Material Matters: Mel Loveridge + Eve Wheeler-Jones