An extension is created in ScratchX for each tile. Follow the instructions below to load an extension to control a tile:
- Go to the ScratchX extension page: www.scratchx.org
- There is a problem passing arguments into ScratchX. We've created a simple extension 'loader' which 'gets round' the problem of passing arguments. This extension loader can be loaded by clicking on 'Open extension URL' and pasting the URL: https://megjlow.github.io/extensionloader.js
- This creates a ScratchX block to load further extensions, with arguments:
- Pull the 'Load extension block' into the scripts area and enter: https://megjlow.github.io/extension2.js?ip=192.168.0.21 (replacing the IP address with the IP address of your Feather Huzzah). This loads the extension with commands to control the pins on your Feather Huzzah.
- Click on the 'Load extension' block to run it, this will load in the extension with commands that enable you to control the Feather Huzzah pins:
- Multiple Feather Huzzah extensions can be loaded via this method.
- 5 digital pins can be controlled via this extension. 3 (pins 12,13,14) as input / output, 2 as pwm (pins 4,5).
To help build your first tile see the section Create a Tile
The ScratchX extension uses 3 pins on the Feather Huzzah for digital input/output (12,13,and 14) and 2 pins for pwm (pins 4 and 5).